Getting back in the saddle

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Re: Getting back in the saddle

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:53 pm

M'o'l wrote:Yeah, pre-production kinda went over my head :bear: . Out of all of that i only got try some avid programs, and nuke- pretty interesting alternative for ae.
I'm now mostly curious about your road to hire- school obviously helped, but contacts, or what decided? School? Sending your cv to disney ?:dino:
Think i would give a editing school a shot if decent ones weren't so far away :uhoh: , now i feel too old :sorcerer:
The post grad school I went to had the real contacts. Professors came from real work places in Toronto, production houses, vfx houses, film studios and stuff like that, there's a lot of contacts going on. The job I have now, I got via a friend who I interned with at an Internship which I had to do for school. I'm not working on anything epic, the company I work at is mostly contracted out to do VFX on various shows you see from National Geographic or Discovery Channel. However there's another about another dozen VFX houses in the Toronto area which work on big AAA productions like major motion pictures or HBO series and the like. Even my company had a hand in the Japanese all CGI Starship Troopers movie. So now that I'm 'In' getting more experience doing work, it's really just about expanding that resume and move on to bigger and bigger productions. :)

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Kind of funny how the old editors are starting to come back after all these years. Good luck on your new AMV. I'm learning a new program myself. It will be interesting for sure.

Gene
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:17 pm

My GOD this is going to be a chore. The dub is only 2.0 and you can only do so much to separate the audio. However the voice isolation killed some sound effects I really want, so I think I'll also have to dig into the Japanese 5.1 tracks to pull out more isolated sound effects. (If I even CAN) Then add additional sound effects I'll add on. The motion text graphics with all the spinning clock gears... This'll be interesting for sure. I'm noticing a lot of areas where I'd have said 'Good enough' if I was doing this 10 years ago but now I'm all 'Oh HELL no, we're gunna make this PERFECT.'

immortaljackwest
Org Profile

Post by immortaljackwest » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm

I am also getting back in the saddle. I realize it has been 10 years since I entered a contest. I have been judge a contest for the last couple of years. I am jumping back in the ring. I hope to make and enter a contest again this spring. I want to know if I still have my editing skill after all these years

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:45 pm

immortaljackwest wrote:I am also getting back in the saddle. I realize it has been 10 years since I entered a contest. I have been judge a contest for the last couple of years. I am jumping back in the ring. I hope to make and enter a contest again this spring. I want to know if I still have my editing skill after all these years
Upload some of your old AMVs here.

Return to “General AMV”