Innovator's in AMV Editing

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Re: So who is todays Koopiskeva...

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:10 am

I will admit when I started to back into the community last year and edit I was worried concerned I would get the wow you suck / should have stayed dead. I was retired for 10 years... but u feel I have been accepted for the most part and have met some really cool new editors. Gene is just trying guys...
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 am

@Maboroshi, and Rider4z, Thank you guys. Again I'm not trying to cause any problems. I'm just trying to start up some interesting conversations since I really haven't followed the scene for too long and was just judging a few contests a year. Yes I have gone out and watched various videos, recently.

Again I feel like I should just probably shut up and not say anything anymore.

Continue to help the editors that want help and just leave it at that. I can see trying to be more active and talk with the community is not going to work. I'm wondering if coming to AWA is really a mistake now.

Gene
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Gene Starwind 21122 wrote:Again I feel like I should just probably shut up and not say anything anymore.

Continue to help the editors that want help and just leave it at that. I can see trying to be more active and talk with the community is not going to work. I'm wondering if coming to AWA is really a mistake now.
I wouldn't go thaaat far - I mean, it wasn't really that bad until people started going back and forth about the "response". Either way, it's the internet - we can't all be perfect all the time. Having a negative response to a thread doesn't mean the end of the world. And, honestly, you've had several threads even just in this subforum that are still ongoing with discussions and pretty much doing well.

As for "unspoken" rules, there's a lot covered here that can help avoid future unintentional faux pas. I know it's intended for new users, but being gone for awhile and coming back is pretty close.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2&t=111524
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Having a list of unwritten rules people are supposed to automatically understand is probably part of the reason it's less active here than it was 5+ years ago. Our tactless conversations might be fine between a good chunk of us who have been here for so long and developed a thick skin, but while veteran editors have moved on it's left a big gaping hole. So when the next generation of editors comes in to learn and develop a rapport (ultimately filling the void), they don't automatically understand the community's abrupt and smart-ass nature - they take it personally.

Pretend you're back in high school and you see a group of kids into something that catches your interest, and as soon as you walk up they start criticizing you and calling out your faults. Would you sit down and join their group? Of course you wouldn't. You'd feel unwanted because the people you admired took one look at you and turned up their noses. And thinking "well if they really want to learn they would have sat down" is horseshit. How can they know if they're interested enough if they're never given a chance.

And I'm not sorry. the initial conversation of this thread struck a nerve with me cuz it happens way too often and it pisses me off. maybe it's just my mama bear instincts kicking in but ya'll need to stfu and get me some honey.

Yup, one of the many reasons why, despite being a member here since the beginning, I've not gotten too involved with posting here.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: So who is todays Koopiseva...

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:40 pm

I'm going to bypass the drama and just say that this:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Suggestion: AMV Question of the Day.
Requirements:
- Look at the past 10 pages of General AMV for post topics (and what the conversations ultimately devolved into). All of those threads with multiple pages of responses are off limits.
- Questions should not be overly broad (i.e. "What's the best editing software?"). Occasionally they should be specific ("What Photoshop tool/button have you never understood?"). They should leave room for more than a 1-line reply.
- Try not to involve people by name. There's no need for that. It either comes off as "inner-circle" or "out of touch"
- Don't develop patterns or themes - i.e. don't keep talking about the same shit.
- Have someone who's competent at writing and holds some air of authority start out. This won't work if people have developed a mental block to taking you seriously and just ignore your posts out of hand.
- Pass the responsibility around if other people want a crack at it.
is a great idea and I think it's worth exploring. Maybe Question of the Week given how few people post here, but still.

Thread salvaged?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:05 pm

People set bars?

I take those bars and use them for fishing rods. :mrgreen: |:> :nose: :shrug: :dino: 8-)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:04 pm

I like the idea of Question of the Week type of thing. It would give people something new to talk about.

Also topic title changed!
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Re: Innovator's in AMV Editing

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Well. The way I view it is, I see as certain editors as "You know what you're doing" But I never hail one as being the best, or being ungodly. Remember Ratouille? Just like what the big chef dude says "Anyone can cook" I believe "Anyone can edit". My videos are basically simple. I don't do anything flashy or extremely amazing. I keep it simple. Because that's ME. Everyone is good in their own right, so when people go around criticizing others for liking a certain editor over others, oh well. They like them, so why do you have to bash on them for it? We should all be friends here and give nice criticism. It's the harsh criticism that eliminates people from ever wanting to get into the hobby to begin with. So with a thread like this, if someone likes a specific editor and is asking a simple question about who do YOU think is good, (IT'S AN OPINION NOT FACTS PEOPLE) than don't bash them for it. :)

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:21 pm

This thread is funny... :up:

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:27 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:This thread is funny... :up:
^