Looking for the Best FX Free Videos

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Re: Looking for the Best FX Free Videos

Post by dragontamer5788 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Apologies that I keep putting fun / dance videos up. I'm currently studying all the fun / dance videos for my next project.

For a video with only cuts, zoom, and panning for so long... I want to put it here, even if the last minute has a large number custom transitions, masking and stuff that definitely qualifies as FX-video.

And the beginning also had some custom graphics for the first 3 seconds.
Shui wrote:Is ScorpionPs Feel the Mambo also an FX free video? It has some blurs but really just the minimum for transitions.
Might as well mention it. Its definitely got less effects than the "Horse" video above.

The main "FX-like" thing about this video is the custom logo at the very end... along with the masks that were placed on top of it. But since its less than 5 seconds, I personally think the video qualifies as FX-free.

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Re: Looking for the Best FX Free Videos

Post by dragontamer5788 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-N252kXoI4

Epic Symphony
Princess Tutu / Wizards of Winter (Trans Siberian Orchestra)

I think this one is largely about how well the source material meshes with the song. The ballet theme of the series meshes with the classical music that forms the basis of the song... while the heavy metal provides good opportunity for action sync. (Plus, a lot of people associate ballet with Christmas music)

On technicalities, this video isn't as strong as the stuff I've been posting (I wonder if youtube messed up the timing slightly... and youtube does have banding / blocking problems). But since this mashup works so well, I figure this AMV deserves a mention.

Besides, how many pure instrumental action videos are there?

Return to “General AMV”