Anti-Trolling rule needs to take affect more?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Anti-Trolling rule needs to take affect more?

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:53 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
I will say having a dedicated room is cool, but allowing people to show their stuff to a empty room isn't that much fun either. People show up for contests so I am interested to see how MTAC will play out this year.
Yep.. Dedicated AMV rooms do have their own issues and it's hard to control attendance there too. Having Creators show their stuff seemed to work fine a few years back, but now it seems they want to move on to more exciting stuff so I looking at evolving that into something different. In all reality, a contest is kind of like a gimmick as it turns something that normally might not be as exciting (just a block of videos) into an event worth going to....

An interesting experience would be if you could run just a block of the exact same videos in Main at a con, then run the same videos again as a contest and see how it effects attendance. Of course this experiment would require time travel so you can keep all the variables similar to get a fair comparison.

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Re: Anti-Trolling rule needs to take affect more?

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:15 am

I'm looking forward to running Battle of the Greats at Nekocon for the videos that have won multiple awards. That way it is making the editors happy that their stuff is still being shown in a contest. Against already provened AMV's. Then you still have the Main AMV contest for the fresher stuff or the stuff that has been overshadowed and deserves attention.

Gene
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Return to “General AMV”