Samurai Warriors Productions (looking for new members)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: Samurai Warriors Productions (looking for new members)

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:37 am

See my signature for audition. Be sure to turn the volume up, as I may have mastered it a bit low... :twisted:
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:05 am

varthshenon wrote:
Well I'm quite often being a troll myself but not to this extent as sometimes you'll get trouble (warned/banned/etc) and it's not even funny (for me at least).

Anyway, since I'm new to this stuff, what's the purpose of being in studio? Since I don't know except hanging out together or something if its member on based area.
Everyone here knows each other pretty well for the most part. These threads tend to get some lighthearted trolling, primarily due to some of the reasons pointed out by Ileia. The majority of these threads are indeed seen as randomly cast fishing lines that don't really bring anything in. This is actually one of the first "Audition for my Studio" threads I've seen that has gotten more than a post or two before sinking off the page so it actually may have a chance at getting a bit more attention.
A quick search through general AMV will reveal a decent amount of these types of threads in recent times, and they never really gain any traction beyond Castor Troy attempting to be leader of them all. :P To say the least, they don't tend to go over very well.

According to the original post a member of the administration is part of the studio so if there was anything that he felt was an attack against his new studio I'm sure he'd have stepped in at this point considering it's reached 3 pages.

Personally, I am also of the opinion that a studio is something that should be formed with friends and people that are actually interested in working with each other. As it was already mentioned, studios are typically seen as ways for editors to learn and grow in their editing but are far from the only way to accomplish this goal. I've been around for quite a while now and I can't recall any random studios that were put together sticking it out for very long but I can name loads of which that are still together since they started as friends before uniting together under a single studio name. I've also know a large amount of people that have become excellent editors and made long lasting friendships without ever even wanting to join a studio. This again though, is just my personal opinion and doesn't really affect the topic at hand.

varthshenon
Org Profile

Post by varthshenon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 am

Radical_Yue wrote:
varthshenon wrote:
Well I'm quite often being a troll myself but not to this extent as sometimes you'll get trouble (warned/banned/etc) and it's not even funny (for me at least).

Anyway, since I'm new to this stuff, what's the purpose of being in studio? Since I don't know except hanging out together or something if its member on based area.
Everyone here knows each other pretty well for the most part. These threads tend to get some lighthearted trolling, primarily due to some of the reasons pointed out by Ileia. The majority of these threads are indeed seen as randomly cast fishing lines that don't really bring anything in. This is actually one of the first "Audition for my Studio" threads I've seen that has gotten more than a post or two before sinking off the page so it actually may have a chance at getting a bit more attention.
A quick search through general AMV will reveal a decent amount of these types of threads in recent times, and they never really gain any traction beyond Castor Troy attempting to be leader of them all. :P To say the least, they don't tend to go over very well.

According to the original post a member of the administration is part of the studio so if there was anything that he felt was an attack against his new studio I'm sure he'd have stepped in at this point considering it's reached 3 pages.

Personally, I am also of the opinion that a studio is something that should be formed with friends and people that are actually interested in working with each other. As it was already mentioned, studios are typically seen as ways for editors to learn and grow in their editing but are far from the only way to accomplish this goal. I've been around for quite a while now and I can't recall any random studios that were put together sticking it out for very long but I can name loads of which that are still together since they started as friends before uniting together under a single studio name. This again though, is just my personal opinion and doesn't really affect the topic at hand.

I see. But I find myself it's difficult as, let alone editor friends, my friends don't even want to watch my AMV (idk if it's AMV in general or just my AMV) while I'm seeking for opinion which I need as I'm an amateur and I know nobody that have experience in video editing. So making a studio with a friend is a no go for me. But seeing what most people here said that "Audition for my Studio" is a bad idea make me don't wanna join any :rofl:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:28 am

varthshenon wrote:
I see. But I find myself it's difficult as, let alone editor friends, my friends don't even want to watch my AMV (idk if it's AMV in general or just my AMV) while I'm seeking for opinion which I need as I'm an amateur and I know nobody that have experience in video editing. So making a studio with a friend is a no go for me. But seeing what most people here said that "Audition for my Studio" is a bad idea make me don't wanna join any :rofl:
Haha, there is no reason to rush into anything just because you're hoping to get some opinions on your work. Don't worry if you're not getting tons of responses right off the bat.
One of the best ways to meet people is to take a minute and see what they've got to offer. Check out some of the AMV Announcement threads and leave some feedback, or try chatting with some people in a thread that interests you. One of the worst ways to try and meet people is just to say "This is my video, talk to me." since it looks like a very one sided situation with a single person seeking attention but not willing to give any back. Sometimes you've got to give a bit first before you start to see it returned to you.

If you end up finding a studio with people you enjoy and get along with, awesome! If you stick it out alone and do your thing without a studio, also awesome! Just try to enjoy yourself and you'll get to where you're supposed to be in the end. ;)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:57 am

Radical_Yue wrote: A quick search through general AMV will reveal a decent amount of these types of threads in recent times, and they never really gain any traction beyond Castor Troy attempting to be leader of them all. :P
These foolish studios never give into my demands..... think how much stronger they would be under my leadership...

Mwuahahahahahahaha!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :aimkissyface:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:24 am

I'm sure when you decide to start editing again, you'll make a great leader for your studio. Would be interesting to have a head to head challenge one day with another editor from when I first started.

Anyways I'm going to try and find editors that I know, or some that I have helped on this site to see if they would like to join.

What I am offering is a chance to be apart of a studio where we can learn off each other, work on projects together, and help spread each others works. I'm working on what else we can offer you as a studio besides a group to hang with online and work on projects. However I think it is a good chance for people to come together and expand on their skills.

I am also looking for people to be active in the group. Having discussions about projects or various other things.

Studios are not for everybody. I figure I would give it a try, seeing how a lot of my old studio does not edit anymore.

Gene Starwind 21122
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:43 am

kireblue wrote:Ileia summed it up pretty nicely. Studios formed by auditions tend to fall apart after a while. But studios formed between people that are already friends tend to stay together even when some of their members become inactive.
Or all of them...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Except that koopiskeva's made three videos in the past month or so, Rozard and Nessephanie both made some earlier this summer, and Kham is pretty active when it comes to live action videos. Check yo'self.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:56 pm

RDS doesn't make any videos, even when it does.
:ying:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:11 pm

This is agism pure and simple!
Stop oppressing us old people!

Return to “General AMV”