AMV rant

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Re: AMV rant

Post by hasteroth » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:08 am

ITT someone is butthurt that his videos aren't popular.

Popularity and quality never went hand in hand, while they are not mutually exclusive they do not always go together.

My advice? Get over it, move on. It's really not important anyways.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 am

hasteroth wrote:ITT someone is butthurt that his videos aren't popular.

Popularity and quality never went hand in hand, while they are not mutually exclusive they do not always go together.

My advice? Get over it, move on. It's really not important anyways.
Eh, I reread the thread. Jumped the gun with my comment.

To add something constructive. As far as ratings go you get a lot of people the rate "omg I love this animu 5 stars all teh wayz" on places like youtube. I mean straight 10s aren't that uncommon with the more popular videos on the org but idk I've found the feedback on the org far more helpful than on youtube... but really that goes without saying.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am

I agree completely. ^ Youtube can be filled with idiots at times.. No offense to all you youtube users. xD

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Sephirothskr wrote:This really ticks me off. When you have the great editors around that spend hours and hours, WEEKS even working on an amv (myself included) and we post it to youtube.. your greatest work. A month passes, only 200 views.

Later in the day you're scrolling through youtube and suddenly: "WOW THAT AMV LOOKS KINDA COOL LET'S WATCH IT." One of the worst things you've ever seen with shots consisting up to 30 seconds long with no edits whatsoever. 600,000 views. This really makes me mad that the people who are putting no effort into their stuff are getting much more credit than they desserve, when those views can be going to someone who actually does desserve them. I know for me it's not about views, they're nice and all but it's not too much of a big deal. But this still irks me.

What do you guys think? :)
I know what you mean, like, that's one of the reasons I stopped editing for a while and I don't like Youtube anyway cause their selective copyright rules and, like someone said earlier, it's full of idiots. That being said, views don't really mean much, I found that if you show your stuff to the right people it'll end up getting the recognition it deserves and that really goes for anything not just videos.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:29 pm

This ^

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:38 pm

UnluckyArtist wrote:
Sephirothskr wrote:This really ticks me off. When you have the great editors around that spend hours and hours, WEEKS even working on an amv (myself included) and we post it to youtube.. your greatest work. A month passes, only 200 views.

Later in the day you're scrolling through youtube and suddenly: "WOW THAT AMV LOOKS KINDA COOL LET'S WATCH IT." One of the worst things you've ever seen with shots consisting up to 30 seconds long with no edits whatsoever. 600,000 views. This really makes me mad that the people who are putting no effort into their stuff are getting much more credit than they desserve, when those views can be going to someone who actually does desserve them. I know for me it's not about views, they're nice and all but it's not too much of a big deal. But this still irks me.

What do you guys think? :)
I know what you mean, like, that's one of the reasons I stopped editing for a while and I don't like Youtube anyway cause their selective copyright rules and, like someone said earlier, it's full of idiots. That being said, views don't really mean much, I found that if you show your stuff to the right people it'll end up getting the recognition it deserves and that really goes for anything not just videos.
Pretty much spot on. The majority of people on YT are only going to care about your videos when they are set to something they're interested in. If it's about something they're not into? Yeah, very few views and ratings will go to said video. You just have to take solace in that you made a video that was important to you, gave it your all, and came out happy with the end result. People are fickle and their tastes will always change. However, the reason why you took the time and effort to make a certain video won't. Be proud of your work, even if it doesn't get 37490287452089745 views on YouTube.

Return to “General AMV”