Want a professional editor credit (BGC Kickstarter group ple

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Sephiroth
Org Profile

Want a professional editor credit (BGC Kickstarter group ple

Post by Sephiroth » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:20 am

Ok i don't know if this belong in general amv so if it doesnt please move the topic accordingly.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mad ... lu-ray-set

So Bubblegum Crisis is funded for getting a re-release, part of that includes the Hurricane Live bonus material those were basicly amvs released by the company professionally. Well one of the kickstarter goals added recently is the following

"Music Video Maestro (6 available):

All the benefits of Premium, plus you will have the opportunity to visit the incredibly non-fancy AnimEigo offices in Wilmington NC, where we will coach you through the process of recutting one of the music videos into HD and subtitling it. You will receive an official production credit and your name will be displayed -- as the editor -- when the video plays on the Blu-Ray. You'll also get 5 copies of the final product, not just 1! Airfare and Hotel not included, but a nice celebration dinner is."

Now this particular one is cool but also rather expensive(2,800 as of the time of this post) i don't have that kind of money and neither do that many editors. So i got to thinking Lets fund it as a group. 100 or 200 each and we could get a good 14 to 28 editors credit on a professional anime DVD for editing music videos. I think that's something a lot of us would like. Working together we can get a credit on a anime.

I will keep each and every step of what gets done for this as open as possible. Including any communications with CPM. If i can't guarantee that the credit will happen no money will exchange any hands at all (I plan to do this using my paypal account if anyone has a better idea please state it). Likewise i would like as many people as possible to be able to get to animego hq for when the editing gets done. (the way they've listed it the editors name will load up when the video)

Hope that we can do this, i think this is something lots of us have wanted to do in some form or another.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Re: Want a professional editor credit (BGC Kickstarter group

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:25 pm

So, you pay THEM, and they'll 'give' you the ability to use your AMV as additional content for a commercial product of their own...?

Return to “General AMV”