New Anime Music Video Show: #AMVS

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TheAMVShow
Org Profile

New Anime Music Video Show: #AMVS

Post by TheAMVShow » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 am

I created an AMV show on Youtube with the purpose of bridging the gap between Youtube and the Org and out of love for AMVs. It features news, contest information and of course AMVs. A lot of the research I do for the show comes out of this very site, so the support of this community will be greatly appreciated. Check out the preview show and tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lB-PbhthaU

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Re: New Anime Music Video Show: #AMVS

Post by Replay Studios » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:03 pm

interesting, good luck ~

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 pm

umm aa umm aa umm aa, cut down on the umm aars
and i wot say you shot say\display the name and editor in the count down (yep i know you say it in the abut\distraction but most don´t read it sad but true :roll: )

I will probably cheek out the next show :)
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Blocked in the UK ;|

TheAMVShow
Org Profile

Post by TheAMVShow » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 pm

AceD wrote:Blocked in the UK ;|
Yeah one of the songs has some serious restrictions I plan on uploading a version on the org soon.

TheAMVShow
Org Profile

Post by TheAMVShow » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 pm

blaksun wrote:umm aa umm aa umm aa, cut down on the umm aars
and i wot say you shot say\display the name and editor in the count down (yep i know you say it in the abut\distraction but most don´t read it sad but true :roll: )

I will probably cheek out the next show :)
I'll definitely cut down on the umm aas next time. I annoyed myself with them lol.

As for the editor info in the video, I thought leaving out the info in the countdown would force people to have to look at the discription so I left it out. I also didn't want to distract from the video itself with titles all up on it.

I'll try it though. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for watching

TheAMVShow
Org Profile

Post by TheAMVShow » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Replay Studios wrote:interesting, good luck ~
Thanks!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Well, thanks for the contest shout out. :up:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Nice idea. If you could manage to upload 1-2 videos a week I could see this becoming a big thing, since most channels I know that are about amvs don't get as much attention because releases are sporadic.
One improvement I would make would be shorter vlog-style videos, less than 8 minutes. I know this is just an intro to the whole thing, but I think shorter videos allows you to have more stuff released per week and keeps people's attention more. Even then I think you should edit it so people can see what you're talking about, ie if you're talking about a convention have a little screen showing footage from it etc, that will keep people's attention as well.
I like how you have the News (AMV Software and AMV Contests/Conventions) and AMV countdown, which I think should be split up to different videos and you can have playlists for each as the content grows, makes it easier to release more if you're low on content.

I would like to see this expand to more stuff however. You have a pleasant voice, I'd be interested in seeing you interview editors, ie on skype. Code used to do interviews here on the org, and it was great, I'd like to see it revamped and done again, both from editors on the org and youtube. More ideas would be group review sessions of AMVs which I know some editors did awhile back (ie bunch of people on a group chat watching a video and reviewing it), Video of the Week or something, tutorials (editors give tutorials on an aspect of editing that you feature), AMV Editing Technique/Theory Debate (taking topics like color correction, flow, etc, or any other topic (Org v yt?) that a group of editors can talk about,) and so forth. Those are just some ideas off the top of my head.

I like the idea of bringing together editors from youtube and the org, and I think you could bridge this gap by having those two groups come together and talk about these topics.
It's important too to keep your face in there, so it's not just a bunch of amvs and other stuff, but you don't seem to have a problem with that which is great. You also have a nice set up. Despite the noise in the bg, the video was 'professional' feeling.

There's a lot you can do obviously if you're up to it, and I hope a lot of editors will come and back you on this, subscribe and share, since this could potentially be great. As long as you keep it going I'll back it. The key to success here I think is pulling in editors people want to hear from/lesser known editors, mesh them together, feature them, whatever, basically: collaboration. Get the conversation rolling, make it fun.
Image Image

TheAMVShow
Org Profile

Post by TheAMVShow » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Wow, you've given me a lot to think about Taite but I love it.

The grand idea I have for #AMVS incorporates a lot of what you've stated but I'm going to take my time and solidify the main show first, then roll out other goodies.(Live shows at local conventions has been my biggest idea for the show to date.) The show itself for now will be weekly, will hopefully stay within an 8 to 10 min range and include more images and video.

And yes, just as you said collaboration is key its why I say its as much your show as it is mine. I want everyone who watches to feel like they're part of the process.

Thanks for watching and being enthusiastic. Its definitely pumping me up to do better.

Return to “General AMV”