Editing Feels

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Editing Feels

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 am

Frostreturns wrote:Start a new AMV project. @ FarmXD

And in other news, I'm finding myself getting progressively better in After Effects. After sitting down with it, it's starting to become easier to understand. (Easy being a relative word.)

Some GIFs of the AE Project I worked on this afternoon.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d6057924796 ... o2_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab02280deab7 ... o1_500.gif

It feels good to do something that once felt impossible for me and it's another step towards me attaining the editing style I want where I have more control of what I want.
honestly, I wish I could make those effects honestly or make them amvs ;-;

Frostreturns
Org Profile

Post by Frostreturns » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 am

lloyd9988 wrote:
Frostreturns wrote:Start a new AMV project. @ FarmXD

And in other news, I'm finding myself getting progressively better in After Effects. After sitting down with it, it's starting to become easier to understand. (Easy being a relative word.)

Some GIFs of the AE Project I worked on this afternoon.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d6057924796 ... o2_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab02280deab7 ... o1_500.gif

It feels good to do something that once felt impossible for me and it's another step towards me attaining the editing style I want where I have more control of what I want.
honestly, I wish I could make those effects honestly or make them amvs ;-;
I seriously know how you feel on that sentiment, man.

The main thing that set me back with editing was my computer + intimidation after watching all these new AMV's over the past few years with the recent amp'd in AE/More Advanced Sony Vegas users. However, I decided I wasn't going to get anywhere just sitting around doing photo's all day; Albeit it helped make understanding things way more easier and helped me pay attention to detail.

So I decided to take what I got and keep sharpening my skills until I'm at their level and won't have to worry about it. As the more control I get over my videos effect wise and timing wise + flow wise, the more fun it becomes to me and the more I like my video in turn as I share them with other people and similar reactions occur.

Because hell, even if I don't use an ass-ton of effects in a video, I find that some of the timing on After Effects can help me sync things a lot better than in Sony Vegas after I import a RAW cut into After Effects.

Frostreturns
Org Profile

Post by Frostreturns » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYJF8gEDpk

Made a short reel of stuff I've done this week for MY YT to inform them I'm still active.

Some of it may be a bit raw (Got tired of fucking around with the camera layer at the intro), but you gotta admit, that's not bad for messing around with AE in the span of 2-4 days. I hope to get a more firm control on this shit as the month progresses. It's fucking exhausting work, but I'm getting over it.

Main thing I need to work on now is my patience and endurance and I'll probably be set.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:46 am

During edits against a 3Day IC, I have the deadline within hours before I begin editing. The tension feels great and upon completion of task I feel 8-)

Hinata1495
Org Profile

Post by Hinata1495 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, I love edit more old anime than new animes... because I have many feels and the emotion is big
or my favorite anime with my favorite song, feels great c:

TheAMVShow
Org Profile

Post by TheAMVShow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:19 pm

The ultimate feel is when you accidentally hit backspace while highlighting multiple clips in your sequence.

Then realizing you have undo.

That's probably how injecting meth feels.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

get idea, feel excited, realize how much prep work there is, idea dies...
I miss using crappy footage, it got me to the editing bit a lot quicker..

Frostreturns
Org Profile

Post by Frostreturns » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am

Bleh, going through a crappy feel where I can't really work up the muse to really work on a video. I know the vision for the AMV I want in my head, but actually producing it is another story. Probably because I need more time to adjust to After Effects, and I have a feeling I'm being too critical of my work. As everytime I try to make a 5-10 seconds clip, I just say "ehhhh" and don't really like it recently. Feel as if it isn't up to par for some reason.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 am

-working your ass off in spurts for a year on a video, making sure every cut is just-right, experiencing the ups and downs of a lengthy, rather tedious project
-that feeling you get as you exhale after finally uploading it to the Org/starting an announcement thread for it/posting it on Youtube/starting a thread for it on Reddit
-in the hours and days that follow, trying to understand why almost no one is watching it and literally no one is commenting on it, and beginning to wonder if you should be trying other hobbies instead
-realizing you should have asked for help from beta testers and then followed every bit of "advice" they gave, because people only comment on and leave positive feedback for AMVs made by their friends, unless they've had a chance to pick it apart in some kind of focus group and then see that their suggestions were incorporated into the final product.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Pretty accurate depiction...

Return to “General AMV”