AMV Editing: A dying hobby (?)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: AMV Editing: A dying hobby (?)

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Adding onto the web trends that Bashar mentioned, the internet itself has long sense moved away from forums as a major way of communication. Sites like facebook have replaced both AIM/MSN/IRC and forums as ways people connect and communicate with one another. It's not that the org is a dying trend, the foundation which is relies on is a dying trend and unless it adapts (the org facebook and twitter help) it will continue to dwindle.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Adding onto the web trends that Bashar mentioned, the internet itself has long sense moved away from forums as a major way of communication. Sites like facebook have replaced both AIM/MSN/IRC and forums as ways people connect and communicate with one another. It's not that the org is a dying trend, the foundation which is relies on is a dying trend and unless it adapts (the org facebook and twitter help) it will continue to dwindle.
I'd personally prefer they died than get sucked into proprietary formats not suited to searching or finding info years down the line unless you happen to be an advertiser or a data mining organization.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:13 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Adding onto the web trends that Bashar mentioned, the internet itself has long sense moved away from forums as a major way of communication. Sites like facebook have replaced both AIM/MSN/IRC and forums as ways people connect and communicate with one another. It's not that the org is a dying trend, the foundation which is relies on is a dying trend and unless it adapts (the org facebook and twitter help) it will continue to dwindle.
I definitely agree with this. Why happened to all this

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 am

TritioAFB wrote:If you want to know, my friend and I'm not going to lie: From the beginning of this year I started to not feel comfortable with the org. In other years normally I respected the authority of the org as a community of amv edition, but in the last videos, I have noticed there's no more feedback for the videos. There;s no real intention of helping other editors, to help improve videos, so I decided to move out to amvnews since I have found that the community there helps more than the org, so that the last proyects have received feedback mainly from the news, rather than the org. And that's the reason of my decision.

If I comment a video here, it's because I previously watched it in youtube or other sites. It doesn't matter how much the org could promote about the techncial aspect of amv making: If there's no real help here, then it's useless.

I guess I'm not the only one with this thought: I have noticed in the newbies, intention and hope to improve and they trust this site as a possible solution, but when taking part here, you see you will have to take your time to find the people that could be a help. And in which case, there aren't much, just a few ones

Yes I really believe the org has just been dead, I am an older amv editor been on here since 2005. and I must say since after 2009-2010? Im not sure where the feedback stopped, but now that I just put 2 videos up this year, I barely got any feedback at all. People used to give out opinions and after awhile since the quick comments started everyone stopped doing the opinons. I think it is also laziness that has started people are lazy to do the opinions.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:25 am

Begi wrote: Why happened to all this
Indeed what happened? whoever is in charge of that must have stopped caring.
SacredArrow18 wrote:
TritioAFB wrote:If you want to know, my friend and I'm not going to lie: From the beginning of this year I started to not feel comfortable with the org. In other years normally I respected the authority of the org as a community of amv edition, but in the last videos, I have noticed there's no more feedback for the videos. There;s no real intention of helping other editors, to help improve videos, so I decided to move out to amvnews since I have found that the community there helps more than the org, so that the last proyects have received feedback mainly from the news, rather than the org. And that's the reason of my decision.

If I comment a video here, it's because I previously watched it in youtube or other sites. It doesn't matter how much the org could promote about the techncial aspect of amv making: If there's no real help here, then it's useless.

I guess I'm not the only one with this thought: I have noticed in the newbies, intention and hope to improve and they trust this site as a possible solution, but when taking part here, you see you will have to take your time to find the people that could be a help. And in which case, there aren't much, just a few ones

Yes I really believe the org has just been dead, I am an older amv editor been on here since 2005. and I must say since after 2009-2010? Im not sure where the feedback stopped, but now that I just put 2 videos up this year, I barely got any feedback at all. People used to give out opinions and after awhile since the quick comments started everyone stopped doing the opinons. I think it is also laziness that has started people are lazy to do the opinions.
The org is pretty much dead, stopped coming here awhile ago, I Noticed how biased the org is when it comes down to replying to a random editor, or a very well known popular editor. Who gets the most replies? That's an easy answer. Not to menton how friend biased the org is now too. Org needs a new setup.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 am

I know a guy who could be very interested in re-design this web...
Sounds naive but humm, hope it works because I talked to him a lot
about this ~

I know this bastard always wanted the power to re-create such an awesome site

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:08 am

FarmXD wrote:I know a guy who could be very interested in re-design this web...
Can you give us links of sites he has created? If he's doing an awesome job, then why not?

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:34 am

I don't have works of him and I know he works as a programmer all day..
well something like that xD He made an alternative model for a forum about
AMV's called Zona Amv in the past, I don't know if he has the model yet or if he
finished it. But is not 100% sure, so let's wait until I convince him. I think he's
a good option. He made good amv's/gmv's in the past. I know he's interested or he could try.
So, yep, that's I'm posting this crap here. I believe it could work.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am

that's why*** urgh that stupid missing edit button

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Sorry for triple posting (I can't edit dammit).
I had response but is highly necessary to talk with administrators
or someone of the staff to discuss about this and what he can and he cannot do ~

Return to “General AMV”