The a-m-v.org awkward newbie phase

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: The a-m-v.org awkward newbie phase

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 pm

When I first heard of hosatchel I thought it was actually hosatchel and not boochsack youtube and thus

I also thought godix's sig about that one editor's profile sucking so bad was actually my profile so I changed my profile because of it and checked the next day to see if it still linked to my profile and realized it was some script or such and just lol'd.

It actually seems I was trying to be quite helpful even if my suggestions were a bit stupid.

I also joined all the meps (quite a bit anyways) despite only contributing to a couple.

Ahh, those were the days.
Under Construction

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

When I was first part of the org I was actually really shy. I was really scared to hear someone say "OMG YOUR AMV IS AWFUL NEVER MAKE AMVs AGAIN" :sweat: . I actually downloaded AMV to check them out and I updated my youtube a lot more (my 1st youtube account).

This is actually my first post.... http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 15&t=70582
ImageImage
ImageImage

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:17 pm

I uploaded my first (halfway decent) AMV in the wrong aspect ratio. By the time I got it taken down, fixed and reuploaded, no one else viewed it or left a single comment on it. So all the feedback I got was on something that I'd put a lot of work into but ultimately looked like garbage.

During the hour or so that it was available for download, someone here did download it and then put it up on Youtube. That version now has over 2,000 views while the one on my channel with the correct AR (which doesn't even show up in Youtube search results) has only 157.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Well, starting out, I basically did three things that I look back on as rather "newbish" and awkward:

- First was not necessarily because my earliest AMVs use WMM, but I started out rendering my sources using DVD2AVI straight-up. Luckily, quite a few people in IRC steered me on the right path, and I started using more lossless reencodes and AVISynth further down the road.

- Second was using extended stops in my video footage while the music still went on. I look back on the videos I did that with (Rumic Aja comes to mind), and now I wonder why I did that. I just can't remember anymore. :?

- Lastly was a rather cheesy "Prototype/Production" label I used to give my videos. Initially, I didn't think much of it, but now I think it's rather tasteless (not to mention the animatics I used are rather bleh-looking).

Given the time and the opportunity, I will be remastering these older videos -- even though they are rather cringe-worthy right now, I still like the ideas in them. Just need to give them a more ... "modern" perspective :roll:
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:When I first heard of hosatchel I thought it was actually hosatchel and not boochsack youtube and thus ...

Yep...

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Besides announcing that horrible Evangelion Shakira AMV and expecting high praise for such a unique concept? (By the way, if anyone has a copy of that, I'd love to see it again XD) :lol:

I mostly remember being absolutely terrified users that had custom titles. I thought they were all admins/mods/etc. and that they were power users or something that could ban me for disagreeing with them or not liking their videos. :uhoh:

I also:

1) Wrote HORRIBLE opinions giving pretty much everyone 10/10 if they barely tried
2) Disagreed with any sort of feedback ever.

So yeah, typical stuff. |:>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I asked awkward rhetorical questions nobody was supposed to answer truthfully, like "what's the site approved way to get source before R2s are released?" :awesome:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Checked a few pages of old posts of mine, and my avs scripts from back then are quite embarassing. Oh boy, I almost get the urge to redact the posts before somebody might think it'd be a good idea to use them. :uhoh:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 pm

mirkosp wrote:Checked a few pages of old posts of mine, and my avs scripts from back then are quite embarassing. Oh boy, I almost get the urge to redact the posts before somebody might think it'd be a good idea to use them. :uhoh:
NERRRRRRRDDDDDD
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Koopiskeva wrote: Still newbie and awkward here o:
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Return to “General AMV”