In your opinion, how long does it take to make a great AMV?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: In your opinion, how long does it take to make a great A

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm

from when you start it to when you decide that it's done

TehWonderChef
Org Profile

Post by TehWonderChef » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:52 am

There's not really a set amount of time.

It all depends on both the editor and the scale of the project you're trying to do.

It normally takes me about 20+ hours of work over a week to do mine.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:41 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:2-10 hours... some of my best/most awarded videos were made in that time frame...
No great videos are made in that timeframe..... you get some good ICs made in 10-20 hours now and again, but they are usually only good at best....

Of course such a question like this depends on what each individual expects from something "great"

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Months/weeks can be deceiving. Someone can edit for 20 hours a week and finish an 80-hour AMV up in a month, while someone else who only can get 5 hours a week in is going to take "longer." Heck, some people have spent years on videos, and sometimes it shows, sometimes not.

Of course, the chances of creating something that LOOKS slapped together are much higher if you actually do indeed slap it together. On the other hand, if you spend the time to tweak and adjust everything, it's hopefully going to show. So, when in doubt, it's worthwhile to take your time.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
Org Profile

Post by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 am

I think it depends on the person. For me, it can take maybe 2 or 3 days. Awhile ago it used to take me a week or maybe even two weeks to finish one. But, that was because I was very lazy with making them, I still am, but the time has shortened.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 pm

It really depends on how much time/effort your going to put in every day. The more you edit, the faster you'll finish of course. Take your time though, I know in my case I have a deadline to meet at the end of the month. With that in mind I have been editing everyday, putting aside time for my AMV and finishing while I'm still at ease. It is common to believe that your ideas are bigger than what your going to be putting on the timeline. And that's true for the most part.

Generally for me, the shortest edit I have had was 2 weeks and the longest was 3-4 months.

Okaketsu92
Org Profile

Post by Okaketsu92 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 am

I take my time to plan out my ideas for the amv like the anime, and the music. I plan everything out for every amv I make.

Return to “General AMV”