This week's ANNCast will feature Brad DeMoss!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: This week's ANNCast will feature Brad DeMoss!

Post by LantisEscudo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Brad wrote:Maybe it's cause I've never heard of ANNCast or know who this Zac guy is, but... why was him saying negative things about AMV's so terrible? Admittedly I haven't listened to the podcast but what I've gleamed from this thread and the one on ANN, it seems like it was structured to be "we're gonna talk to this one guy about this hobby and share what we think (as little as that may be)" and not a "we're going to act as an all-knowing authority and tell people across the globe the biting truth about the AMV community, history, present and future" or whatever. I guess I don't see the point in getting so upset over it. Or is ANNCast like a huge major deal (though.. I dunno.. even if it was I still wouldn't totally get it)? If he IS a Bill O'Reilly type figure... so what?
Zac is Zac Bertschy, the Executive Editor of AnimeNewsNetwork, former Associate Editor of the print magazine Anime Insider, and also was the columnist for the AnswerMan column that runs on ANN (he's since handed the column over to someone else). He's kind of a big name in anime-related journalism, and has a pretty big pulpit to spread his opinions from.

Return to “General AMV”