"Empty flash" xD
And that pic is from my track \o/ (?)

Good read, and i hope will understant a little more what really is amv-france

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 25 - MimS

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:13 am

Pwolf wrote:I could keep going but I'd be here researching old video announcement threads all day and find the same thing. The majority of comments are short and not very detailed. There was no more "passion" then as there is today. If anything, the passion we see from people today is mistaken for drama and elitism.
Well said.

*slow clap*

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:39 am

Lol

If it happens people gave short ops since the beginning on org, it wasn't the same case at all in French community back then and if you read CORRECTLY the interview, I did mention ONLY French editors who got me motivated. When I mentioned Koop, it was more for the fact that his vids showed how much people were close in the community more than else...
So basically :
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=4587
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=4947
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=5840
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=4612
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=5884 even for Auriga, there were interesting comments (Nostro's post itself was interesting actually)
For examples...

Here you go TJ, slow clap!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 am

MimS wrote: if you read CORRECTLY the interview
CodeZTM wrote:
Q: Anything in general that you think could improve a-m-v.org?
Also, I wish the amv annoucements section was more... well, y'know, right now there are quickening and project org vids so it's quite different but damn, there's no real op anymore. People say « great », « ok », « bad » and that's all. No more developed op like I could read long ago.
If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about the org in this statement which makes the previous quote I commented on somewhat relevant. That said, the post wasn't meant to single your comment out but to make a general statement about where the conversation had been leaning towards based on what you had said in the interview.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:06 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:Well said.

*slow clap*

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:25 am

For people who say I've only given 9 ops until now :

Org is not my main forum so
- Yeah they don't
- know what
- they're talking
- about
So, I mention old posts 'cause they had their importance for the concerned people :
You can ask ThePooh, he tells himself that the fact that I had a lot on interest in his works since the very beginning despite he was new was the reason he kept making AMvs while he thought he would give up immediately
Stickygaiden... I did get him motivated so that he aimed for the top
And Emy is like Luna or SachaValentine to me : I gave Emy and Luna the opportunity to be in MEPs I coordinated to help them improving, once again ask them directly. And for latest Japan Expo I made as many reviews as possible to SachaValentine the last 3 weeks before Japan Expo and it seems it was good enough since she's finalist
And there are other examples...

Oh Pwolf answered my lastest post during that time :
Yeah yeah, you're right there but my "statement" was about all communities actually. To me, it is as right for org than for French community. Then you did say it's wrong for org, if you say so, that's not how I felt it. I did say :
Imho, if there weren't contests, the hobby would be dead, which saddens me. I kinda miss the old days, Dark Krystal, Master of Chaos, SoH, Dark Kirua, Kael, they were the French editors who gave me the desire to edit myself. They were examples to me (well, they weren't anymore when they became my friends for some of them but still :p). I also miss people like Koop who released Twilight with so looooooooong credits 'cause everybody wanted to beta it and he mentioned all of them (at least think so). Back then, there really was an AMV COMMUNITY. Back then, I remember editors received looooooong reviews on their AMVs, people pointed anything they could see and/or feel watching it, good or bad, there was passion.
It's true I mix several thoughts in there (reviews / community), seems like so at least but... how to say that... that joined my RoS 4 stuff : People like Tyler, Dark-Krystal and Nostromo for examples were people who were part of both communities, well, at least, for someone new like me ('cause in 2007/2008, I was new), it seemed like so and now, it seems like, despite there are Tritio, S.A.Robert or even me, we can't get project mixing communities like people tried to do with RoS3. That's why I kinda joke about a 4th one x)
Btw, I guess being able to read reviews on amvdefans made me forget it wasn't really the case on org...

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 am

MimS wrote:Yeah yeah, you're right there but my "statement" was about all communities actually.
...but the question was about a-m-v.org specifically.

Anyway, when you said "ops" when referencing the Org, it was interpreted to mean the actual opinion system. Which, if you go to your profile, you have only given 9.
That
is what
those people
are talking about.

:rofl:

Obviously from what you just replied that's not what "ops" you meant, but you can see the confusion. :P
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:24 am

Someone took the time to write a short comment about your video, you don't think its long enough and want an opinion instead.

FFS have something better:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:02 am

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:29 pm

There's not enough drama anymore on this forum. thatTmakes the amv announcement part so much inactive.
Remember that time...when gaurry was still here :rofl:

Return to “General AMV”