The Lip Flapper : Volume 23 - Radical_Yue

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 23 - Radical_Yue

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

I did not notice this was up until Ileia messaged me with the sappy self-indulgence thing. (Yes, that was a joke.)

Glad you guys are enjoying the read? ^^;;

Also, Gunther you are so adorable <3

NikkuMan
Org Profile

Post by NikkuMan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Not gonna lie, I teared up. Once from your amazing views on critiques, and another on the memories part.
ImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:59 am

good read :up:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 am

I know that feel...

I think the deaths in the community have really taken a toll on the activity here. Things just haven't been the same...

Also sucks not being able to afford to go to Acen/AWA to hang out with amazing peoples!

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:34 am

Great read, especially the end.
Radical_Yue wrote:Everyone has unlimited potential. Don't limit yourself by saying "this is good enough." Being a finalist or winning contests doesn't make you a good editor. Having the newest editing program doesn't make you a good editor. Working with the most popular or best looking sources doesn't make you a good editor.

Passion, dedication, and a love for what you do will help you succeed. Take all of those negative remarks and bad experiences, and build upon them, use them to become better than you ever thought you could be. Never lash out when you get the short end of the stick, take it with dignity and grace. It'll make your victories that much sweeter.

No matter how many times you fail or don't make it into a contest, or get bad feedback, as long as you manage to progress at least a little bit with each video, one day you'll be better than everyone who became great and chose to stop. No matter who you are, there is always room for improvement.
:up:

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 am

Nice read Yue :up: though while I like your "flamer with a heart of gold" slogan, I actually dont think its appropriate because I dont consider your method of critiquing to be flaming at all whatsoever, just constructive. Or maybe I just havent read enough of your comments ;p
Image ImageImage

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Wow, to be honest I'm kinda floored with some of these responses. I was pretty sure that the second I sent my interview answers to Code I was going to be facing a wall of hate the moment it went up. >>;;

You guys are freakin' awesome. :up:
Chiikaboom wrote:Nice read Yue :up: though while I like your "flamer with a heart of gold" slogan, I actually dont think its appropriate because I dont consider your method of critiquing to be flaming at all whatsoever, just constructive. Or maybe I just havent read enough of your comments ;p
hehe, aesling said it one day and I kinda loved it so I stole it x3

I think people primarily have problems with my criticism because:

1) I post it wherever the hell I want.
This goes back to the "if you're just editing for fun, ignore it" bit because a big response I get is "Well, I wasn't looking for criticism so shut up, you're st00pid!"

2) I'm incredibly blunt.
I don't believe in sugarcoating in any way, shape, or form. But then again, that's me as a person in general. When I give my opinions I tell you what I think was wrong and my reaction to it. I'm sorry, but if I think it's boring, I'm going to say I thought it was boring. I rarely touch on what the strengths of the video are because either everyone else has already been praising it so it's pretty obvious what was good (just not what was bad) and that's how I like my criticism to be. Ever since I was a kid, I could kinda care less about what I did right. Whether it was schoolwork, personal job, whatever, tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it and I'll just assume whatever you're not harping on is something I did right because there is no need to touch on it. I don't want an ego boost, I want to do better.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Yue is one of the few people who takes action and genuinely wants to make the community a better place and wants everyone to become better editors.

The AX threads in general are proof that she won't settle for mediocrity. :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 am

While I disagree with your methods, I agree with your end goal. :up:

Return to “General AMV”