Dealing with DMCA Takedown Notices

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Dealing with DMCA Takedown Notices

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Apparently there is this new nifty button you can click for when youtube calls you out on, you know, using shit that you don't actually own.
You click it to acknowledge the fact that you don't own it and you get this.
[R1] Forbidden Love
Your video may include the following copyrighted content:
Acknowledged claims

"Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab-Lonely Girl (Original Mix)", sound recording administered by:
Anjunabeats (Base79)
Ultra Records (MVR)

What does this mean?

Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.
This claim does not affect your account status.
and if all else fails, there is a link underneath that to dispute the claim, even after you've acknowledge it.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Radical_Yue wrote: Remember back in the day when people would ask "Why do you edit" and everyone would always answer for teh wimmins or profit?
I still do it for the wimmins...

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Well, you're the king. You get the wimmins no matter what.

Besides, Otohiko and I are obviously the sexiest in that picture. :aimkissyface:
Also, you're too damn tall ;_; I was on my tiptoes and could barely make it into the picture :<

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 pm

I approve myself being included in the list of the wimminz :awesome:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:The way people obsess over views and subscribers kinda confuses me.
But the big numbers!!! They define me and help me measure my e-peen!

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I kinda dread posting PA2...it has so many things...but hopefully they will reinstate it like they did the first one. Then I'm gonna just make my own anime...and file my own takedown notices :amv:

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I kinda dread posting PA2...it has so many things...but hopefully they will reinstate it like they did the first one. Then I'm gonna just make my own anime...and file my own takedown notices :amv:
Actually we did an unlisted YT upload after AN so the other contributers could watch the AN cut and we only got like one claim and it didn't affect PA2 at all. O:

Course I advised our friend to list it in non-profit/activism when he uploaded it. This may have helped us out in some way... <.<

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I've always wondered if there ever was a real person involved in the takedown stuff... I've had a bunch of blocks/disputes and I don't think I've had a strike or a full takedown yet, but some of the groups that do it like "Music Video Distributors" or "Rights Collecting Societies"... MVD is just a pay-per-view media thingy, THEY own the rights to someone's songs?
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Hopstep
Org Profile

Post by Hopstep » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:29 am

zibbazabba905 wrote:I've always wondered if there ever was a real person involved in the takedown stuff... I've had a bunch of blocks/disputes and I don't think I've had a strike or a full takedown yet, but some of the groups that do it like "Music Video Distributors" or "Rights Collecting Societies"... MVD is just a pay-per-view media thingy, THEY own the rights to someone's songs?
Mostly are just bots/Youtube filters, I think. They wouldn't be bothered much to actually involve themselves directly, especially since most cases are music videos, but correct me if I'm wrong.
I just had another one of my videos taken down by Youtube which granted me a 2nd strike, thanks to Sony Music. I'm filing a counter-claim now.
A friend of mine had disputed her video that used some Korean songs and it got rejected, though. Hopefully I'm lucky enough.

I'm curious how you guys can actually get your terminated accounts back.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 am

I have two accounts.
1 for amvs and 1 for not amvs.

Return to “General AMV”