I need to vent, so pardon me.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Post by AceD » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Honestly, editing completely aside....you need to man the fuck up....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 pm

TBH, while I don't think your video is exactly bad, I've seen a lot worse, I wouldn't say I completely enjoyed it. The song, source, and editing just didn't draw me in. I wasn't invested in the story or mood of the video. I watched through it just for the sake of being able to say I did so. Points already provided are probably the cause, but in the end it just wasn't a video for me.

I think that's the real name of the game here. Not everyone is going to enjoy your video, and you should be glad that these users cared enough about this video to provide you with pointers on it, rather then just not saying anything. They want you to improve so the can see things they would like to see from you.

In the end it's up to you how you take this criticism. Sadly, at the moment I hate to say you haven't been taking it all that well. If you don't agree with it, don't agree with it. Keep making vids you wanna make. Just don't expect everyone to like them, you'll be sorely disappointed.
ImageImageImageImage

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:36 pm

AceD wrote:Honestly, editing completely aside....you need to man the fuck up....

KidEgo
Org Profile

Post by KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 am

Oh gee, maybe if I used Linkin Park or Nickelback or some modern stuff like that for the gazillionth time I'd be getting better feedback on here. Also, somebody on YouTube told me that my video made them want to check out the movie, and that's one of the best comments I ever got on any of my videos.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 am

KidEgo wrote:Oh gee, maybe if I used Linkin Park or Nickelback or some modern stuff like that for the gazillionth time I'd be getting better feedback on here.
If your editing was better, you'd get better feedback. It doesn't matter what the source is.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:51 am

Different strokes for different folks. If people don't like your video, you can't force them to like it. You don't have to agree, though, so if you really feel that they're wrong and your video is fine, that's the end of it, you move on. You don't really get anywhere by trying to convince them that they are wrong or turning it into "You just don't like it because it's not this anime or that song."
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

KidEgo
Org Profile

Post by KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:02 am

I'm not trying to force anyone to like anything, I'm just trying to back up my statements. Hey, I could've just acted childish and called everybody that slammed it a piece of shit, but I didn't, did I? But seriously, what were they expecting? A video with lots of explosions and fight scenes? If I wanted a video like that I would have used a speed metal or thrash metal song. But that's not what this is, it's a video about the painful romance between the two protagonists of the film. It's not meant to be fast paced or have quick edits or quick cuts or anything.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.

KidEgo
Org Profile

Post by KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:04 am

Plus having someone tell me that my video made them want to check out the movie makes me feel like I've accomplished something and made something special and makes me scratch my head and go "WTF" at the feedback I'm getting from most people here even more.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 am

You are not the world's most astounding editor that has made the world crawl onto its knees and praise your every AMV. You are not the most talented editor on the internet that can make Godix impressed, you are like every other editor that stumbles in here saying that they have made an awesome video and shows it off to everyone because they made a video to gain recognition, not because they aimed to make the video better. :/

Thus, when someone said that the video you made did not meet their standards, you took it personally because you were expecting everyone to stroke your ego rather than him giving you ACTUAL criticism on the video. Grow some balls, take it like a man and get out of here :/

Come here next time when you want to make your AMV better, not when you want to get your ego stroked. :amv:

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:44 am

lloyd9988 wrote:You are not the world's most astounding editor that has made the world crawl onto its knees and praise your every AMV. You are not the most talented editor on the internet that can make Godix impressed, you are like every other editor that stumbles in here saying that they have made an awesome video and shows it off to everyone because they made a video to gain recognition, not because they aimed to make the video better. :/

Thus, when someone said that the video you made did not meet their standards, you took it personally because you were expecting everyone to stroke your ego rather than him giving you ACTUAL criticism on the video. Grow some balls, take it like a man and get out of here :/

Come here next time when you want to make your AMV better, not when you want to get your ego stroked. :amv:
Excuse me for my words(And double post), I tend to get flipid from time to time :sweat: Anyway, to put it into nicer terms, I feel that your just not use to criticism which is quite normal for youtube editors. xD Honestly, same thing happened to me when I was first criticized about my video :sweat: (FYI, you don't even wanna KNOW what happened when I got a beta tester) xD <--- Oh Lord, it was horrible that I can't even believe it happened. But, yeah, to us, these small details matter because we care about our videos a lot. Sometimes, we care about them so much that we work months on them just so they will look amazing and to make sure there aren't any mistakes. xD (I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but that's how I feel) Anyway, someone already wrote it, but I think you should read it again to get a better understanding of where we're coming from :P

Castor Troy wrote:You need to understand that YouTube is more of an "audience" based crowed and a-m-v.org is more of an "editor" based crowd. We tend to take things more seriously here in hopes of helping each other improve.

Lip flap isn't a crime, but in my opinion, the way it looks in your video really kills the flow. You don't have to listen to my opinion if you feel that the youtube crowd is more correct. If you feel that it works in your video, then more power to you. If you're proud of it, then that's all that should matter, right?
What we're saying is your video looks shitty to us. However, we're also saying that there's always room for improvement and that, no matter how amazing a video looks to you, your always gonna have haters. :P Just the way of the world, and, honestly, its just something we all need to get use to. xD Just remember, that even though the criticism sounds harsh right now, their opinion is useful because it may be a factor you overlooked in your AMV that you can apply to future AMVs. So, instead of venting about it, just look at the criticism given to you and see if there's a way to fix the video and future videos so you won't get criticized about it later on. :P

Return to “General AMV”