The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Diegao » Mon May 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:And even if i'm a big anime fan, i don't edit because i love an anime but because i love editing. And i can't allow myself to make something bad just for the fun, or because i love an anime. It's quite the contrary More i love an anime, more i'll be serious about it. But that's just my way of thinking.

Absolutely this. :up:
Image
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter
User avatar
Diegao
Enjoy the music
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2009
Location: Italy

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 3:55 pm

MimS wrote:All of this is a joke

All of us here want somehow to make good videos technically speaking, it's not only about being an animefan or not.
If it was only about this, all of us would take WMM, animes with logo and put things not considering anything important in editing.


Whoa whoa whoa

Kain-x-spirits wrote:(but i can fully understand chii, if she wants to be loved by people without any efforts, yes, it's probably better to head to youtube |:> )


hey.

dick alert like whoa.

How is "i like to make amvs because i love anime and i love music and i thought that was the point of amvs" a joke. Why does the fact I prefer the youtube amv community over the org automatically mean I want to be "loved by people without any effort".

For fucks sake.

The only reason I did this interview was I found out some people wanted to hear my opinion after lurking threads. I thought this had to do with the whole shibang about wanting to bring more people to the org. My answers were based on "this is why I left the org and maybe this is the problem".

Just because someone uses anime as stock footage instead of the reasons I do it - does that mean I can't enjoy their videos? Of course not, I know Ileia edits that way and I still get a kick out of her Macross Frontier video. I was just shocked that my way of editing appeared to be the minority.

How is any of this a joke.

Jesus wept.
Image Image
User avatar
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Status: Eliminating the male species

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Rendakor » Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:And even if i'm a big anime fan, i don't edit because i love an anime but because i love editing. And i can't allow myself to make something bad just for the fun, or because i love an anime. It's quite the contrary More i love an anime, more i'll be serious about it. But that's just my way of thinking.

And i really can't understand those who are agree with her, but are still on a-m-v.org. \o/ (but i can fully understand chii, if she wants to be loved by people without any efforts, yes, it's probably better to head to youtube |:> )

So the Org is only for people who are editors first, and anime fans second? :down: Nope, try again. Just because you care more about the anime than about the technical aspects of AMV editing, doesn't mean you don't have a right to be here. That shitty attitude right there is one of the problems people have with the Org community.
Image Image
User avatar
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2012

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I don't mind you prefering YT community, I have "YT" editors in my skype, I consider some of them as friends, I even want to do some stuffs with them so really stop saying there are org and YT both on different sides, that's just stupid. Plus, I know you don't really think this since some of org people are your friends too (well basic idea is : "stop thinking I have youtubers")

Your op IS interesting, what I don't like in this thread is other people's reactions, it's like you were the Christ bringing truth to them, y'see what I mean? Which is quite funny 'cause I'm pretty sure they're not really honest considering what they do but that's just my op (at least, I know Dreww is honest). To put it simply, you're famous and appreciated so that people can easily agree with anything you say and it's somehow annoying.

Still, MY reaction to your op is that you're lying to yourself, Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.
Also, does that mean people can only enjoy vids using animes they love? 'Cause if so, they won't be able to say that "THIS FUCKING ANIME IS FUCKING EPIC" stuff you mentioned in your interview. Or that they should? That's FUCKING nonsense, see what I mean again?
Well you mention Ileia but I want you to be more precise. You do like this vid 'cause it's well done isn't it? Not because she used MF, am I wrong? Because, if she doesn't say so, you're not supposed to know that she uses anime as stock footage...
Y'know, I think Imagica is your best vid so far whereas I hate MG animes.

Plus, Kain is right, the more I like a anime, the more effort I put in it, that's actually exactly the reason why I almost don't release anything anymore, I don't feel like animes I edit receive what they deserve.

Last thing, considering animes can easily be 13*24minutes or even 24*24minutes while a video is between 2/7minutes (at most), it seems really difficult to have the same approach to both stuffs.
I don't want the same thing from both things.
Animes are animes, AMVs are AMVs, that seems some stupid saying but that's important, the first reason why we're here is that we love editing, if you only loved animes, you wouldn't edit. And since you love editing, you want it to be well done... Or you're a masochist x) (and it's your right : D)

Renkador : you get it wrong.
It's not a matter of being "first" or "second" hobby, it's a matter of AMV is ANIME MUSIC VIDEO.
It's not anime
It's not music
I's anime, music and video, all in one. You have to see the thing as a whole. When I feel like I want to see some part of an anime I love, I just watch it, I don't watch an AMV, I watch the anime... And god, that's so logical to me that I have a hard time trying to understand how it can be different for you ^^"
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Rendakor wrote:So the Org is only for people who are editors first, and anime fans second?

I don't think people who can't accept having their videos judged on a technical aspect should stay here, yes.
But like i said, i'm an anime fan, and i've already done a lot of videos just because i love an anime. But the difference is that i don't care if people who watch my vids are fan or not :uhoh:
User avatar
Kain-x-spirits
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Location: Lyon, France
Status: Hahahaha~

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby macchinainterna » Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Image
ImageImage
User avatar
macchinainterna
 
Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Location: Colorado, United States
Status: Starting over.

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Mon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm

MimS wrote:Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.

Oh yeah, and x2. I love few of your vids, and i know you put effort in your vid. I just think it's easier to get good ops from people on YT (mainly because they don't care about that technical aspects), and don't tell me i'm wrong.
User avatar
Kain-x-spirits
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Location: Lyon, France
Status: Hahahaha~

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

MimS wrote:Still, MY reaction to your op is that you're lying to yourself, Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.
Also, does that mean people can only enjoy vids using animes they love? 'Cause if so, they won't be able to say that "THIS FUCKING ANIME IS FUCKING EPIC" stuff you mentioned in your interview. Or that they should? That's FUCKING nonsense, see what I mean again?
Well you mention Ileia but I want you to be more precise. You do like this vid 'cause it's well done isn't it? Not because she used MF, am I wrong? Because, if she doesn't say so, you're not supposed to know that she uses anime as stock footage...
Y'know, I think Imagica is your best vid so far whereas I hate MG animes.


oh my fucking god I hope you are just trolling. I really, really hope you are.

When did I ever say that is was just about the anime and not the editing. For fucks sake I love editing. I wouldnt be making amvs for so long if it wasn't fun for me to sync up my favorite anime to good music. I dont understand why you're under the assumption editors have to choose whether to "edit shit because I love anime" or "edit good and use anime as stock footage".

TBH im offended by the notion that if you make amvs because you love anime, the whole idea of putting "effort" into it automatically means im "lying to myself".

I NEVER SAID THAT PEOPLE CAN ONLY ENJOY ANIME USING ANIME THEY LIKE. For the love of god, thats just how I enjoy amvs. Where did I ever say "thats how people have to enjoy amvs and any other reason is wrong".

Yes I like the video because its good LOL JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE USES ANIME FOR STOCK FOOTAGE DOESNT AFFECT MY ENJOYMENT OF THEIR AMVS IF I LIKE THE ANIME THEY'RE USING. Oh my god I can't believe I even had to say that.

I weep for this community.

Kain-x-spirits wrote:
MimS wrote:Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.

Oh yeah, and x2. I love few of your vids, and i know you put effort in your vid. I just think it's easier to get good ops from people on YT (mainly because they don't care about that technical aspects), and don't tell me i'm wrong.


Again. WHY is it because I prefer youtube automatically mean that because I put effort in my videos that i'm lying to myself.

I honestly can't comprehend any of this.
Image Image
User avatar
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Status: Eliminating the male species

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Lussuriioso » Mon May 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Go Chii, go Chii. It's your birthday.
User avatar
Lussuriioso
 
Joined: 24 Jul 2011

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Well, so that's is Chii, you love editing SO it's not [only] about "oh yeah this anime is great", it's [also] about "yeah your vid is cool, I like what you did with this anime".
The fact that you love this anime or that you use it as stock footage, in the end... I honestly don't mind. There's one necessary reason before anything : to love editing. Other reasons behind it, it's up to you.
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby [madaraxD] » Mon May 21, 2012 4:48 pm

well .. everyone has their own motivation/reason to edit (we all have different opinions too), does not necessarily mean that the other reasons that have others are wrong.
Personally I edit what I like/want, and i always try to do my best and improve my editing and also make ¨justice to the anime¨, why? because i like animes and i like edit too, is just simple like that for me.
Image
User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Location: Argentina
Status: Under your bed!

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby siny » Mon May 21, 2012 5:10 pm

[madaraxD] wrote:well .. everyone has their own motivation/reason to edit (we all have different opinions too), does not necessarily mean that the other reasons that have others are wrong.
Personally I edit what I like/want, and i always try to do my best and improve my editing and also make ¨justice to the anime¨, why? because i like animes and i like edit too, is just simple like that for me.


This a zillion times :up:
Image
User avatar
siny
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Location: Portugal

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby RAWdangers » Mon May 21, 2012 5:33 pm

GuntherAMVs wrote:Ah, I'll stop fangirling now =>=... *is embarrassed.. sinks into floor xDD*

Booooooo :nono: One should never be embarrassed for fangirling!!
Can't believe i didnt see this till today!!!!!!!!
Image
my reaction to this xD
Love your vids!! Especially Fluffy Kittens & Rainbows!!!
Please keep being awesomeee!!!
*faints*
User avatar
RAWdangers
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2012
Location: Nowheresville, Middle of Nowhere
Status: herp a derp derp

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Niotex » Mon May 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Holy shit kids I'm just scrolling through some of these replies and I'm somewhat amazed. A lot of you need to seriously tone it down. You shouldn't belittle or assault someone for their opinion just because it doesn't fall completely in line with your own. I'd like to believe that the most of you are old enough to understand that. Also I just noticed that a lot of you little whiners are still relatively new to the community. So if you kids could stop sucking each others dicks and dictating what people in this community "want", that'd be great.

Chii, don't let the newfag whining completely destroy your view of this place.
Image
User avatar
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Status: Simply Insane

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Postby Rider4Z » Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm

i like amvs cuz they're my main source for discovering new anime (and music). i edit cuz it's FUN. |:>

Niotex wrote:Holy shit kids I'm just scrolling through some of these replies and I'm somewhat amazed. A lot of you need to seriously tone it down. You shouldn't belittle or assault someone for their opinion just because it doesn't fall completely in line with your own. I'd like to believe that the most of you are old enough to understand that. Also I just noticed that a lot of you little whiners are still relatively new to the community. So if you kids could stop ****ing each others **** and dictating what people in this community "want", that'd be great.

Chii, don't let the newfag whining completely destroy your view of this place.

^that.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests