The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Post by Diegao » Mon May 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote: And even if i'm a big anime fan, i don't edit because i love an anime but because i love editing. And i can't allow myself to make something bad just for the fun, or because i love an anime. It's quite the contrary More i love an anime, more i'll be serious about it. But that's just my way of thinking.
Absolutely this. :up:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 3:55 pm

MimS wrote:All of this is a joke

All of us here want somehow to make good videos technically speaking, it's not only about being an animefan or not.
If it was only about this, all of us would take WMM, animes with logo and put things not considering anything important in editing.
Whoa whoa whoa
Kain-x-spirits wrote: (but i can fully understand chii, if she wants to be loved by people without any efforts, yes, it's probably better to head to youtube |:> )
hey.

dick alert like whoa.

How is "i like to make amvs because i love anime and i love music and i thought that was the point of amvs" a joke. Why does the fact I prefer the youtube amv community over the org automatically mean I want to be "loved by people without any effort".

For fucks sake.

The only reason I did this interview was I found out some people wanted to hear my opinion after lurking threads. I thought this had to do with the whole shibang about wanting to bring more people to the org. My answers were based on "this is why I left the org and maybe this is the problem".

Just because someone uses anime as stock footage instead of the reasons I do it - does that mean I can't enjoy their videos? Of course not, I know Ileia edits that way and I still get a kick out of her Macross Frontier video. I was just shocked that my way of editing appeared to be the minority.

How is any of this a joke.

Jesus wept.
Image ImageImage

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:And even if i'm a big anime fan, i don't edit because i love an anime but because i love editing. And i can't allow myself to make something bad just for the fun, or because i love an anime. It's quite the contrary More i love an anime, more i'll be serious about it. But that's just my way of thinking.

And i really can't understand those who are agree with her, but are still on a-m-v.org. \o/ (but i can fully understand chii, if she wants to be loved by people without any efforts, yes, it's probably better to head to youtube |:> )
So the Org is only for people who are editors first, and anime fans second? :down: Nope, try again. Just because you care more about the anime than about the technical aspects of AMV editing, doesn't mean you don't have a right to be here. That shitty attitude right there is one of the problems people have with the Org community.
Image Image

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I don't mind you prefering YT community, I have "YT" editors in my skype, I consider some of them as friends, I even want to do some stuffs with them so really stop saying there are org and YT both on different sides, that's just stupid. Plus, I know you don't really think this since some of org people are your friends too (well basic idea is : "stop thinking I have youtubers")

Your op IS interesting, what I don't like in this thread is other people's reactions, it's like you were the Christ bringing truth to them, y'see what I mean? Which is quite funny 'cause I'm pretty sure they're not really honest considering what they do but that's just my op (at least, I know Dreww is honest). To put it simply, you're famous and appreciated so that people can easily agree with anything you say and it's somehow annoying.

Still, MY reaction to your op is that you're lying to yourself, Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.
Also, does that mean people can only enjoy vids using animes they love? 'Cause if so, they won't be able to say that "THIS FUCKING ANIME IS FUCKING EPIC" stuff you mentioned in your interview. Or that they should? That's FUCKING nonsense, see what I mean again?
Well you mention Ileia but I want you to be more precise. You do like this vid 'cause it's well done isn't it? Not because she used MF, am I wrong? Because, if she doesn't say so, you're not supposed to know that she uses anime as stock footage...
Y'know, I think Imagica is your best vid so far whereas I hate MG animes.

Plus, Kain is right, the more I like a anime, the more effort I put in it, that's actually exactly the reason why I almost don't release anything anymore, I don't feel like animes I edit receive what they deserve.

Last thing, considering animes can easily be 13*24minutes or even 24*24minutes while a video is between 2/7minutes (at most), it seems really difficult to have the same approach to both stuffs.
I don't want the same thing from both things.
Animes are animes, AMVs are AMVs, that seems some stupid saying but that's important, the first reason why we're here is that we love editing, if you only loved animes, you wouldn't edit. And since you love editing, you want it to be well done... Or you're a masochist x) (and it's your right : D)

Renkador : you get it wrong.
It's not a matter of being "first" or "second" hobby, it's a matter of AMV is ANIME MUSIC VIDEO.
It's not anime
It's not music
I's anime, music and video, all in one. You have to see the thing as a whole. When I feel like I want to see some part of an anime I love, I just watch it, I don't watch an AMV, I watch the anime... And god, that's so logical to me that I have a hard time trying to understand how it can be different for you ^^"

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Rendakor wrote:So the Org is only for people who are editors first, and anime fans second?
I don't think people who can't accept having their videos judged on a technical aspect should stay here, yes.
But like i said, i'm an anime fan, and i've already done a lot of videos just because i love an anime. But the difference is that i don't care if people who watch my vids are fan or not :uhoh:

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm

MimS wrote:Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.
Oh yeah, and x2. I love few of your vids, and i know you put effort in your vid. I just think it's easier to get good ops from people on YT (mainly because they don't care about that technical aspects), and don't tell me i'm wrong.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

MimS wrote: Still, MY reaction to your op is that you're lying to yourself, Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.
Also, does that mean people can only enjoy vids using animes they love? 'Cause if so, they won't be able to say that "THIS FUCKING ANIME IS FUCKING EPIC" stuff you mentioned in your interview. Or that they should? That's FUCKING nonsense, see what I mean again?
Well you mention Ileia but I want you to be more precise. You do like this vid 'cause it's well done isn't it? Not because she used MF, am I wrong? Because, if she doesn't say so, you're not supposed to know that she uses anime as stock footage...
Y'know, I think Imagica is your best vid so far whereas I hate MG animes.
oh my fucking god I hope you are just trolling. I really, really hope you are.

When did I ever say that is was just about the anime and not the editing. For fucks sake I love editing. I wouldnt be making amvs for so long if it wasn't fun for me to sync up my favorite anime to good music. I dont understand why you're under the assumption editors have to choose whether to "edit shit because I love anime" or "edit good and use anime as stock footage".

TBH im offended by the notion that if you make amvs because you love anime, the whole idea of putting "effort" into it automatically means im "lying to myself".

I NEVER SAID THAT PEOPLE CAN ONLY ENJOY ANIME USING ANIME THEY LIKE. For the love of god, thats just how I enjoy amvs. Where did I ever say "thats how people have to enjoy amvs and any other reason is wrong".

Yes I like the video because its good LOL JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE USES ANIME FOR STOCK FOOTAGE DOESNT AFFECT MY ENJOYMENT OF THEIR AMVS IF I LIKE THE ANIME THEY'RE USING. Oh my god I can't believe I even had to say that.

I weep for this community.
Kain-x-spirits wrote:
MimS wrote:Kain and me are not saying you don't put effort in your vid but if it was about making vids only for animes and not for editing, you wouldn't put these said efforts.
Oh yeah, and x2. I love few of your vids, and i know you put effort in your vid. I just think it's easier to get good ops from people on YT (mainly because they don't care about that technical aspects), and don't tell me i'm wrong.
Again. WHY is it because I prefer youtube automatically mean that because I put effort in my videos that i'm lying to myself.

I honestly can't comprehend any of this.
Image ImageImage

Lussuriioso
Org Profile

Post by Lussuriioso » Mon May 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Go Chii, go Chii. It's your birthday.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Well, so that's is Chii, you love editing SO it's not [only] about "oh yeah this anime is great", it's [also] about "yeah your vid is cool, I like what you did with this anime".
The fact that you love this anime or that you use it as stock footage, in the end... I honestly don't mind. There's one necessary reason before anything : to love editing. Other reasons behind it, it's up to you.

Return to “General AMV”