The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
xDreww
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Post by xDreww » Mon May 21, 2012 6:20 pm

[madaraxD] wrote:well .. everyone has their own motivation/reason to edit (we all have different opinions too), does not necessarily mean that the other reasons that have others are wrong.
Personally I edit what I like/want, and i always try to do my best and improve my editing and also make ¨justice to the anime¨, why? because i like animes and i like edit too, is just simple like that for me.
Same here. No need for serious all the time with the "editing" when editing to AMVS, I'm not going to say my thoughts on this, I'm honest like mims said, and it's just going to start more drama xD
Niotex wrote:Holy shit kids I'm just scrolling through some of these replies and I'm somewhat amazed. A lot of you need to seriously tone it down. You shouldn't belittle or assault someone for their opinion just because it doesn't fall completely in line with your own. I'd like to believe that the most of you are old enough to understand that. Also I just noticed that a lot of you little whiners are still relatively new to the community. So if you kids could stop sucking each others dicks and dictating what people in this community "want", that'd be great.

Chii, don't let the newfag whining completely destroy your view of this place.
Nicely said. There isn't anything else to say.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Niotex wrote:Chii, don't let the newfag whining completely destroy your view of this place.
Don't worry, it never will entirely haha. I know theres still some cool people here. Thanks btw |:>

I think what bothers me the most is the amount of disrespect the youtube amv community gets, esp when I know so many amazing editors that choose to stay on youtube for the same reasons I do. And as always, the main reason they wont come to the org is because their turned off by the elite attitude. If anything this whole thread only helps remind me that moving to youtube permanently was the best thing i've ever done since I started making amvs.
xDreww wrote:I'm not going to say my thoughts on this, I'm honest like mims said, and it's just going to start more drama xD
It wont start drama as long as you aren't a dick about it ;p I think the problem with a lot of the comments here is that people are trying to force their opinion about whats right and wrong on everybody rather then "I disagree with this because I edit differently but im totally ok with you editing the way you do if thats what you enjoy."
Image ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Chiikaboom wrote:...the main reason they wont come to the org is because their turned off by the amv nazis.
fixed :rofl:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, seems like it is going nowhere anyway so I'll end it there, no moar drama

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm

I dont believe I've ever acted offending to youtube, unless stating my opinion about the comments received there is offending. also some of us have been unlucky and had our amvs taken down there so we dont go back, like me. A few of them are uploaded by other people anyway.
I choose here cause I dont worry about them getting taken down and the focus is anime, music, and editing, not all things video oriented like on youtube. Here you can congregate and chat on the forums in really time between everyone, im not sure you can do that on youtube unless it has something resembling a forum ive missed. I just dont get sucked into srs bsns here when it happens. If youtube had a forum for amvs it would have its own elitest group too.
thats not the point though, you keep saying you left this site cause you felt in the minority as a anime fan when your just assuming the community must not have many anime fans just cause you know a few editors that edit without even watching the anime. I cant say your assumption is wrong but I'd like to think it is since anime and music is what brought people here to begins with. Afterall they could be using hollywood films instead. I think they still like anime but maybe lost some of the flare they had for it in past years. Its somewhat that way for me right now. Only animes I can say I emjoyed enough to be a fan of recently was steinsgate and HOTD.
you really do have nothing to lose by uploading your vids here. Your choosing not to for your own reasons, however in my case im worroed it would be pointless to upload yo youtube cause they will get removed and account banned again, plus some vids are stoll up by other people... How unfair is that.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 7:29 pm

EvaFan wrote:I dont believe I've ever acted offending to youtube, unless stating my opinion about the comments received there is offending. also some of us have been unlucky and had our amvs taken down there so we dont go back, like me. A few of them are uploaded by other people anyway.
I choose here cause I dont worry about them getting taken down and the focus is anime, music, and editing, not all things video oriented like on youtube. Here you can congregate and chat on the forums in really time between everyone, im not sure you can do that on youtube unless it has something resembling a forum ive missed. I just dont get sucked into srs bsns here when it happens. If youtube had a forum for amvs it would have its own elitest group too.
thats not the point though, you keep saying you left this site cause you felt in the minority as a anime fan when your just assuming the community must not have many anime fans just cause you know a few editors that edit without even watching the anime. I cant say your assumption is wrong but I'd like to think it is since anime and music is what brought people here to begins with. Afterall they could be using hollywood films instead. I think they still like anime but maybe lost some of the flare they had for it in past years. Its somewhat that way for me right now. Only animes I can say I emjoyed enough to be a fan of recently was steinsgate and HOTD.
you really do have nothing to lose by uploading your vids here. Your choosing not to for your own reasons, however in my case im worroed it would be pointless to upload yo youtube cause they will get removed and account banned again, plus some vids are stoll up by other people... How unfair is that.
I didnt find your initial comment offending about youtube. I was more so referring to comments here like about it being easier to be loved there without putting in any effort. For me i've just been lucky with youtube - ive never been banned and ive had very few strikes.

Maybe saying that there is a major lack of anime fans is a bit of a stretch, but like Arigatomina said, the org gives off that impression. And its not just a few people I know who edit without seeing/liking the anime - I know quite a few youtube editors who do the same. But of course being an anime and/or music fan is what brought people to the org - because back in the day thats what the editing was (or seemed to me, anyway) focused on. I mean the reason why people started making amvs in the first place was pretty much because "lol wouldnt it be funny if i put rurouni kenshin to particle man?" I dont think there was a real artistic/technical aspect to amvs back when it all started, but thats definitely what its become over time. Like I said, maybe im just old fashioned by editing the same way as it used to be? I find most of the time when I lurk the amv announcements thread I have a hard time finding an amv I enjoy because a majority of them are super conceptual in one way or another. If you have fun editing that way, thats totally fine, but I think its that what really makes me feel like the minority. And because its more focused on the editing aspect here, I always wonder why this place isnt called fanmusicvideos.org, esp since i know there are people who like editing live-action and even the current round in the IC tournament doesnt use anime.

The reason why I dont upload videos here is because I dont want my videos being judged on a technical level - if I upload them here i'll just be told 'well if you dont want them judged that way dont upload them here!' Welp.

Im not trying to convince people to move to youtube or anything - I just dont like the disrespect it gets. I understand why you choose not to upload there and thats fine. My videos get stolen all the time though, so its gotten to the point where i've just stopped caring ;p
Image ImageImage

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 pm

I didn't show any disrespect to Youtube personally (I'll only answer this 'cause I don't want to keep on debating but I want this to be clear, I never mentioned YT as a bad place in my posts)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Chiikaboom wrote:Maybe saying that there is a major lack of anime fans is a bit of a stretch, but like Arigatomina said, the org gives off that impression. And its not just a few people I know who edit without seeing/liking the anime - I know quite a few youtube editors who do the same. But of course being an anime and/or music fan is what brought people to the org - because back in the day thats what the editing was (or seemed to me, anyway) focused on. I mean the reason why people started making amvs in the first place was pretty much because "lol wouldnt it be funny if i put rurouni kenshin to particle man?" I dont think there was a real artistic/technical aspect to amvs back when it all started, but thats definitely what its become over time. Like I said, maybe im just old fashioned by editing the same way as it used to be?
If you take something like car enthusiasts as an example. Most of what they're passionate about now didn't exist when Henry Ford was rolling Model Ts out of his factory. The hobby grew up. This one did too. It happens.
I was more so referring to comments here like about it being easier to be loved there without putting in any effort.
You have to admit, it's a true statement though. For every talented individual that says those words you do from your heart, there's a a hundred more that are just parroting it because they can't take criticism. Most of them are young children and, for them, erecting unassailable defense mechanisms for the ego is easier than introspection and hard work.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon May 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Hmmm, the only "old fashioned" editors out there are the new editors who are starting out and editing with footage full of credits and subs. Those who don't worry about aspect ratio in their AMVs or what lip flap is going on.

You can't sit here and say your "old fashioned" when you don't edit that way anymore yourself. We all have grown to standards. Some may be smaller with just editing basic AMVs for fun, and some have higher standards where they want to create technical, artistcal AMVs.

I started editing because I loved Gundam SEED and stumbled across the community dedicated to it on YouTube. That was when I edited for pure fun, I made so many Gundam SEED AMVs full of credits and subs... It was amazing, but as I grew as an editor I slowly started to gain standards for myself and what I view as "good" or "bad" AMVs. I'm not going to sit down and watch 50 AMVs full of subs and I'm sure you wouldn't either because your purely LOVE the anime.

You can't honestly say you edit purely for anime if you as an editor still worry about aspect ratio, make sure to find clips without credits or subs. Yes, you can love the anime and make a random Gundam SEED AMV! But your still going to have your standards. Your still going to aim to make a "good" AMV. And your not going to enjoy AMVs with subs and credits all over the place because you just love anime.

There is no "minority" in editing AMVs unless your a complete newbie. Even editors on YouTube look for higher quality footage, try to have no subs, make sure the aspect ratio is okay, compress their AMVs better. There are still standards over there just like here on the org. I am active and watch AMVs from both communities. I have been apart of YouTube WAY before you and there are standards.

Its not about why you edit, what to edit. Its how you edit. Everyone aims to have a good AMV when they edit, even yourself Chiikaboom whether you admit/realize it. If you didn't then where are the soft subs and credits?

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon May 21, 2012 8:26 pm

^
:roll:

Still wondering why being an anime fan and wanting to see your favorite scenes to good music automatically means you dont want to learn or can't have a decent grasp on the technical things at the same time.

Also still wondering why people keep assuming I edit JUST because of the anime and dont edit because I love editing as well.
Image ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”