This Week in AMVs Stream/Podcast Schedule & Discussion

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: This Week in AMVs Stream/Podcast Schedule & Discussion

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

We've got a good set of videos this week for the weekly roundup. The roundup actually will be starting here in little over 1 hour from this posting (8pm EDT.) You can check it out here: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/weekly-musi ... f-7282012/ <- a transcript of all videos shown during the stream can also be found in this post.

Also, for those of you wondering, the RSS feeds on the website are active and ready to be used. I'll be looking to get the feeds listed in the iTunes and MS marketplaces as well soon here. There are a number of feeds to choose from, 1 for each video topic, and 1 for all videos. You can get to the feeds at the right hand side of the main page and 'soon' in the footers on the website: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/

As for this week's podcast releases:

Featured Friday – Green Brain Problem
Retro Video Thursday – Brad Bemoss – Banditos
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 7-24-2012 - Royalty Free Music
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-23-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Opps, after having to pull a double plus on-call last weekend I completely forgot to update the list with last week's releases since the livestream was canceled. So, now that this week's stream has been completed here is this week's updates along with last week's. This week saw the return of Watch Wednesday, something I had been hoping to bring back once I had enough time to do it as it is the most time intensive of the podcasts that I do. Anyway, this past week's livestream was a blast, there are some really good videos on the list this week. You can go check out the stream at anytime here: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/weekly-musi ... f-8112012/

Here are the previous week's worth of releases:

Featured Friday – The Heroes of El Hazard
Retro Thursday – BaHaRa – Scatman: The Definitive Biography
Watch Wednesday – 8-8-2012
Topic Tuesday – 8-7-2012 – Maturity of the Community
Review Monday – 8-6-2012
Featured Friday – 8 bit Music Video – Van Halen Right Now
Retro Thursday – Scintilla – The NERV Evening News with Dan Rather
Video Spotlight – The Cyrus Virus
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-30-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 am

Alright, twiamvs is starting back up again after the Youmacon hiatus and it's about time I updated ya'll on all of the videos I apparently forgot to do so before:

Review Monday – 9-24-2012
Featured Friday – Yaaku – Evangelion Complex
Retro Thrusday – Daniel Lemberg – Star Hazard
Review Monday – 9-17-2012
Retro Thrusday – Patrick Himes – Ataru’s Excuse
Review Monday – 9-11-2012
Weekly Music Video Round-up for the week of 9/01/2012
Review Monday – 8-28-2012
Featured Friday – Medieval – Loss and Love
Retro Thrusday – Anime Rudeboy – The Hell that is Keitaro’s Life
Video Spotlight – Kagatoamv – Bride of Berserk
Video Spotlight – FoxJones – Snap of Doom
Video Spotlight: Alan Hepner – How Do You Get Your Thing

The first episode this week has also been published at Review Monday – 11-12-2012. And as usual, we will be starting back up the weekly AMV stream on Saturday. You can check it out at http://livestream.com/thisweekinamvs - the stream will begin at 8pm EST (-5 UTC) and since we have quite a bit of videos to catch up on, with the hiatus and all, we'll be streaming a good portion of the night and pick up where we left off next week.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Your friendly 'should be' weekly update of postings. I'm still working on getting the last live stream up for post viewing consumption, but should have it ready to go soon. In the meantime, enjoy the following new updates:

Featured Friday – DDP – Choices
Retro Thursday – Bogosort – Cowboy Bebop Stress
Review Monday – 11-19-2012
Featured Friday – SailorDeath – This AMV is 23324 frames at 24fps long
Retro Thursday – TobinHood – Dust in the Wind (Ballad of Fallen Angels Remastered)
Watch Wednesday – 11-14-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:13 am

Well, with an unexpected and unannounced (oops) hiatus and my general lack of an update, here is the most up to date listings, all four being blog posts rather then video podcasts. I did however get a brand new camera for xmas that I believe I have worked all the kinks out of as far as my process for capturing and using the footage shot with it so regular episodes should begin again on Monday. While I'm still waiting on a new mic for use with the camera (as my current mic isn't designed to be further then a foot from the speaker and would show up on camera) I'll see how the on-board mic pans out, but the practical upshot of all of this is no more unwanted auto focus changes right in the middle of filming! Oh, and higher quality video and moving forward with some ideas for how to handle the look of the show as per discussions I've had with viewers. Either way, it's exciting (well, I'm excited at least) and that's all that really matter, well... other then me being back!

Featured Friday – Khameleon808 – The Apple Tree Feat. The Glitch Mob
Retro Thursday – Kayin – 500 Miles
Featured Friday – Glitzer – Glorificus Bellum
Retro Thursday – MyPsychoed – Slayers – Legend of Zelda
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 pm

So I'm still working out the kinks in the workflow of recording and exporting episodes in the new format. If anyone has any videos or topics they'd like me to discuss please send em my way and I'll add them to my queue. Here is this week's updates:

Featured Friday – Driftroot – ‘Bustin
Retro Thursday – More Than Toast – Somebody Hates Me (Trigun)
Review Monday – 01-14-2013
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Alright, now that another week passes and my room/studio is back in proper order (see my recent vent and happy thread posts) it's time to get back to updating more regularly. Here is an update of the most recent posts that I haven't updated ya'll on yet. A few more topic tuesdays are in here as well. If you have any topics you'd like me to discuss send em my way!

Featured Friday – Cenit – Double-U
Retro Thursday – babyvash – A Hellingly Thrillish Night
Topic Tuesday – 2-5-2013 – Iron Chef Competitions
Topic Tuesday – 1-22-2013 – a-m-v.org’s Viewers Choice Awards
Review Monday – 01-21-2013
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Welp, it's been another while since I last updated. Below are the items that have been added since the last post. I've also listed the livestream recordings from the VCAs from this year as well for anyone who wants to go back and watch those.

Finally, as I am taking a few weeks off to fix the technical issues I've been having with getting episodes out as well as working on updating my workflow I wanted to put the feelers out there and see what comments or suggestions ya'll had as to what to do with the podcast in the future. I wanna know what you think! Wanna see more reviews? More topics discussed? Wanna see more livestreams? The return of the round table podcast discussions? I wanna know what you wanna see, because without ya'll, there's very little point in doing these other then to watch myself talk! and as much as I do like that, it does get boring after a while.... So let me know. Feel free to comment here, PM me, hit up the twitter, facebook, or post on YT on the video I put out explaining all of this and asking for input: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoAbl8B0RAQ

Retro Thursday – Aluminum Studios – Dreams of Red
Review Monday – 04-01-2013
Retro Thursday – Brad Demoss – Iris
Review Monday – 02-11-2013

a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 1
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 2
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 3
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 4
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 5
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 Nate's Picks
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General AMV”