This Week in AMVs Stream/Podcast Schedule & Discussion

Post by ngsilver » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Where to send your input/suggestions:
On Twitter: @twiamvs
On this thread.
Forum PM.
On Youtube: twiamvs

Where to Watch:
On TWIAMVs Website: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/ (for podcast releases and blog postings)
On Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/thisweekinamvs
On Youmacon's Website: http://youmacon.com/events/vat/index
On TWIAMVs Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/twiamvs (for weekday podcast releases and other videos)

Upcoming Stream Schedule:

Podcast Segments:
Review Monday (released generally between Monday and Tuesday, recorded on Mondays)
Topic Tuesday (released generally between Tuesday and Wednesday, recorded on Tuesdays)
Watch Wednesday (released generally between Wednesday and Thursday, recorded on Wednesdays)

Blog Segments:
Video Spotlights (can be released any day)
Featured Video Friday (generally released on Fridays)
Retro Video Thursday (generally released on Thursdays)

Previous Stream Links:
(these will remain active until Livestream takes them down due to storage space overages occur)

a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 1
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 2
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 3
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 4
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 part 5
a-m-v.org VCA Finals 2013 Nate's Picks

Previous Podcast Links:
(These will remain active until Youtube takes them down due to whatever reason they deem fit)

Retro Thursday – Aluminum Studios – Dreams of Red
Review Monday – 04-01-2013
Retro Thursday – Brad Demoss – Iris
Review Monday – 02-11-2013
Featured Friday – Cenit – Double-U
Retro Thursday – babyvash – A Hellingly Thrillish Night
Topic Tuesday – 2-5-2013 – Iron Chef Competitions
Topic Tuesday – 1-22-2013 – a-m-v.org’s Viewers Choice Awards
Review Monday – 01-21-2013
Featured Friday – Driftroot – ‘Bustin
Retro Thursday – More Than Toast – Somebody Hates Me (Trigun)
Review Monday – 01-14-2013
Featured Friday – Khameleon808 – The Apple Tree Feat. The Glitch Mob
Retro Thursday – Kayin – 500 Miles
Featured Friday – Glitzer – Glorificus Bellum
Retro Thursday – MyPsychoed – Slayers – Legend of Zelda
Featured Friday – DrDinosaur – It’s all About the Washingtons
Retro Thursday – West – Happiness Dojo
Watch Wednesday – 11-28-2012
Review Monday – 11-26-2012
Featured Friday – DDP – Choices
Retro Thursday – Bogosort – Cowboy Bebop Stress
Review Monday – 11-19-2012
Featured Friday – SailorDeath – This AMV is 23324 frames at 24fps long
Retro Thursday – TobinHood – Dust in the Wind (Ballad of Fallen Angels Remastered)
Watch Wednesday – 11-14-2012
Review Monday – 11-12-2012
Review Monday – 9-24-2012
Featured Friday – Yaaku – Evangelion Complex
Retro Thrusday – Daniel Lemberg – Star Hazard
Review Monday – 9-17-2012
Retro Thrusday – Patrick Himes – Ataru’s Excuse
Review Monday – 9-11-2012
Review Monday – 8-28-2012
Featured Friday – Medieval – Loss and Love
Retro Thrusday – Anime Rudeboy – The Hell that is Keitaro’s Life
Video Spotlight – Kagatoamv – Bride of Berserk
Video Spotlight – FoxJones – Snap of Doom
Video Spotlight: Alan Hepner – How Do You Get Your Thing
Featured Friday – Older Guy
Retro Thursday – LostBoy – Hungry Like the Wolf
Watch Wednesday – 8-15-2012
Review Monday – 8-13-2012
Featured Friday – The Heroes of El Hazard
Retro Thursday – BaHaRa – Scatman: The Definitive Biography
Watch Wednesday – 8-8-2012
Topic Tuesday – 8-7-2012 – Maturity of the Community
Review Monday – 8-6-2012
Featured Friday – 8 bit Music Video – Van Halen Right Now
Retro Thursday – Scintilla – The NERV Evening News with Dan Rather
Video Spotlight – The Cyrus Virus
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-30-2012
Featured Friday – Green Brain Problem
Retro Video Thursday – Brad Bemoss – Banditos
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 7-24-2012 - Royalty Free Music
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-23-2012
TWIAMVs - Featured Friday – Magic Oven Mittens
TWIAMVs - Retro Video Thursday – Kevin Caldwell – Goldeneye
TWIAMVs Topic Tuesday – 7-17-2012 – Aspect Ratio
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-16-2012
TWIAMVs - Featured Friday – I’ve Had My Coffee Now And Now I Feel Great
TWIAMVs - Retro Video Thursday – Doki Doki Productions – Senshi on Springer
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 7-11-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 7-9-2012
TWIAMVs - Retro Thursday - Aluminum Studios - Hey 3rd, Nice Shot
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 7-3-2012
TWIAMVs - Video Spotlight - pacotacoshell – The Sailor’s Cure To The Nostalgic Magical Girl
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 6-13-2012
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 6-12-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 6-11-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 6-4-2012
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 5-30-2012
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 5-29-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 5-28-2012
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 5-23-2012
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 5-22-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 5-21-2012
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 5-16-2012
Last edited by ngsilver on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 59 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: This Week in AMVs Stream/Podcast Schedule & Discussion

Post by ngsilver » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Since the old thread got locked figured it was about time I started a new thread on this. For those of you who were not paying attention to the VCAs, Tekkoshocon's AMV Contest, or mine or the org's twitter feed the (mostly) weekly AMV streams have started back up again. I started with streaming both the Semi-finals and the Finals for the 2012 VCAs. We had a great turn out for those streams as we waded through hundreds of videos! From there we moved onto a Zetzu/Magnus memorial livestream of all of his works (that I could find or was provided.) Next I moved on to finishing up 2011's livestreams by streaming my picks of the best videos from 2011 which lasted 2 weeks worth of sessions due to the sheer number of videos on the list (little over 160.) Finally, I finished the recent set of streams with a Tekkoshocon AMV Contest livestream for those who could not attend the con but wanted to see the videos.

Welp, that brings us current.

So now on to the future! I will be starting up (mostly) weekly livestreams of videos from 2012 and current. The ultimate goal with these is to eventually come to a point where each week I will stream the current week's releases and finds and we can all enjoy what our community has to offer each week. However, we aren't to that point yet. After all, there have been 3 months worth of releases that we haven't gone through yet! So to begin I will be doing what I call 'catchup' sessions. I will on average setup a playlist of about 100 or so new videos announced (or found in my browsing or others provided links for such as youtube releases that are not posted here in the announcement forum) up until we have brought ourselves current. Based on the number of videos released in this time frame I'm expecting the catchup sessions to last over 3-4 sessions or so. The first catchup session is scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday April 7th at 8PM EDT (-4 GMT). I will be posting a full schedule on the livestream account as well as here.

As for the schedule.

Normal stream sessions will generally take place on Saturdays at 8PM EDT (-4 GMT) or at least until we switch back to standard time. I'll update the times when that happens. There will be what I call impromptu streams that will happen during the week. These usually will start around 7~8 PM EDT (-4 GMT) and more often then not will happen on Wednesdays but since these are impromptu they wont adhere to any specific schedule and will go live with very little warning. I will update my twitter feed when I decide to do one of these streams. Impromptu streams will be of anything, more often then not it's me playing videos for my own enjoyment and if that is the case I will take requests as well. Again, details on the nature of these will be posted to my twitter feed when they happen and I'll do my best to update this thread as well.

Now, onto the TWIAMVs podcast. These will not happen in any specific regularity or fashion. Instead these will be scheduled when I feel like there is a topic that I want to talk about or when my fellow co-hosts (which is anyone who wants to join in really) convince me to record a stream. I will post here, update my twitter feed, and of course update the schedule on livestream when these get scheduled. Topics for the TWIAMVs podcast can range from anything remotely AMV related so if you have an idea for a topic you'd like to hear us discuss drop me a line.

Now on to interactivity.

As I have said multiple times over the last few streams, these livestreams and podcasts are meant to be for everyone. And with that in mind I want input from everyone. The podcast could use topics for discussion and co-hosts willing to lend their voice and opinions to our topics. The livestream can use input from viewers for videos that you would like to see streamed. I will continue to do my best to cull the community for content, after all, as an AMV fan first I spend much of my time obtaining and watching new videos, but of course I'm one guy and just don't have the time to find and archive everything within my own personal archive. So I welcome your input, and not just on content but on means of viewing and what not. I really do believe that watching videos is a great social experience and have had such fun both watching videos and chatting about them with everyone who has joined in previous streams. This is about the community, though not just of the org but of editing itself, and that requires participation from everyone willing.

So what I'm really trying to say is, let me know what you think and what I can do to improve the stream and make this more friendly and open to everyone.

I look forward to enjoying videos with even more of you in the future!
ImageImageImageImage

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:47 pm

that sounds awesome actually, i'll have to keep up with this, the vca streams were pretty fun when it was active.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Quick update. We have completed the first 3 sessions for the 2012 release catchup. These streams showcased every video announced (and that I grabbed from youtube or was recommended) from Jan 1st through the end of March. This Saturday's stream will be the final of the 2012 catchup streams, where we will be going through the April releases and any other videos I find on youtube or am sent, well, all leading up to Saturday. There will still be a few more days to release videos in April that I wont be able to get (sadly I'm not clairvoyant) but we'll be getting to those in the weeks to come when we begin the weekly roundup streams.

What is a weekly roundup? Well, it's a list of video released during the week prior. It's a chance for all of us to sit down, watch the new videos we may not normally see or download, and chat along the way.

As the weekly roundup streams will be much shorter then the catchup streams were, there will be special 'block' streams which will often begin after. A block stream is a list of common videos, requests, ect. These will generally go for a few hours.

I will be posting a schedule with the planned streams here once I have figured them out. However we will not be doing a stream next week (May 5th) as I will be taking a short vacation and out of town. We will begin with the first Weekly Roundup stream with a 2 week roundup on May 12th.

I look forward to seeing ya'll Saturday for the final catchup session and again in 2 weeks for the start of the roundup sessions!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun May 13, 2012 3:26 pm

The first of the weekly catchup sessions went off without a hitch. Thanks to everyone who tuned in, even those who tuned in late and caught the replay. We will continue to hold these weekly streams on Saturday evenings rounding up the releases from the previous week as well as any videos I find on various sites and stuff sent in by you, the viewers.

Those of you who tuned in already caught this announcement, but I figured I'd let all of you who didn't know as well. This Week in AMVs now has a youtube channel, and on this channel I will be starting up work week podcast releases. What these are going to be is going over and discussing videos to look out for, video reviews, tips and techniques, and other topics relevant to the community at large. I am planning to gear these releases to be more on the youtube side of the hobby, but I don't plan on leaving the org out of this at all. The first video is set to be released sometime this Wed evening (5/16/2012) as soon as I'm done with the recording/editing/uploading, so I would expect it to be closer to 11pm EDT.

Just as i'm open for suggestions for the livestream, I'm open for suggestions for the work week podcasts as well. If you have ideas for segments, tips and tricks, topics, videos to review, videos to feature, ect. please send them my way.

You can check out the channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/twiamvs - Of course, there isn't anything there atm as the first video isn't scheduled to be released until Wed, but if you have ideas please feel free to send them my way via the channel, subscribe to be notified when the casts release, and what not.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri May 18, 2012 1:51 am

Welp, I had some technical difficulties along the way which delayed the first podcast release by a few days. However I think I got the kinks out of my workflow so future episodes should come out on a more normal schedule. Due to the late release, and the fact work is taking me to see the Tigers (baseball) play after work tomorrow, there wont be another episode this week, however the plan is to start as normal on Monday, so look forward to seeing the next video released some time in the evening.

For now though, check out the first Watch Wednesday episode here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaP9vKwJ3HY (available in 720p) and check out the Watch Wednesday playlist with all the videos in the list here - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

Comments and suggestions, as always, are welcome!
ImageImageImageImage

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Fri May 18, 2012 4:07 am

nice stuff :up:

music is too loud sometimes when youre speaking, i wonder if there is a kind of automatic stuff making one track lower when other's level higher. some kind of 2-channel compressor or such

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 am

I noticed that myself too after posting it. I'm still tweeking the look and sound of the podcast. It sounded fine on my end before I exported, but I do agree that the music is probably a little too loud and I'm too quiet at points. I do think some of it is due to the youtube compression of the audio changing some of the levels. I'll add this to the list of technical difficulties and hurdles I need to plow through for future episodes.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon May 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Still have some more kinks to work out as far as audio capture goes. Sometimes my voice just seems to cut out and I'm not exactly sure why. However, despite that, here is an on-time release of the podcast. You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7asfJLYPE

I've updated the schedule in the first post to include the general schedule for the podcasts as well as the current planned livestreams.

Expect episodes to go up during the week, in order to cut down on bumping, I will refrain from updating this thread daily now on (well, adding a post at least, I will still update the first post with the links.) So watch out for the links in the 1st post, subscribe to the YT channel, or follow the twitter for updates on the new videos as they come out.

As always, suggestions and comments are very welcome!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat May 26, 2012 10:13 pm

It's been a fun week so far. I was able to get out 3 new podcasts and the livestream went off without really any issues, both the weekly roundup and The Quickening Streams went well. So, now that the week is over, here is a list of this week's releases. As usual, the livestream channel will continue to replay tonight's streams through out the week but for those of you who don't want to wait can follow the links below in order to see each stream separately.

The Quickening Round 1 Groups C & D
Music Video Roundup - 5/26/2012
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 5-23-2012
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 5-22-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 5-21-2012
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General AMV”