Good Aussie AMVs

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Good Aussie AMVs

Postby Tonstar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:44 am

Ive seen a lot of really good amvs lately and they all seem to come from America, France, Russia, etc, but havent seen any amvs from Aussie(Australian) editors. Can anyone let me know of some "good" or "well made" amvs made by Aussies. Being an Australian myself i'd like to see what local talent there is. Oh, and i dont care what genre they are either, just not all action amvs please. Thanks.
Tonstar

Re: Good Aussie AMVs

Postby Pwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:15 am

There are no good Aussie editors... >.>
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFallenAngel25
She's Aussie, and I gotta say I lurve her videos.
pacotacoshell

Postby Infinity Squared » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am

I would normally have told you to go to http://www.amvience.com since that was the hang out place for all the active Australian editors but these days we're pretty quiet back there. I don't know where all them youngin's are congregating these days.

Anyway, I'm Australian and I do good shit. People who worked on this video also do/did good shit.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby OropherZero » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:01 am

Pwolf wrote:There are no good Aussie editors... >.>

we have good Aussie editors. Especially in this town of Perth which used to only have Prodigi... damn they came out of nowhere the past couple of years. They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.
OropherZero

Postby Pwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am

OropherZero wrote:They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.

why not?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Tonstar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 am

OropherZero wrote:we have good Aussie editors. Especially in this town of Perth which used to only have Prodigi... damn they came out of nowhere the past couple of years. They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.

I live in Kalgoorlie at the moment but make trips to perth/bunbury often. I only learnt about supanova last year(right after they had it in Perth, dammit) and Wai-con just now. I didnt think we even had any amv cons in WA. Im still quite new to AMV editing and have only made a few crappy ones but really want to get into it more.
Tonstar

Postby OropherZero » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:45 am

Tonstar wrote:
OropherZero wrote:we have good Aussie editors. Especially in this town of Perth which used to only have Prodigi... damn they came out of nowhere the past couple of years. They don't get involved with here though, these days I'd be stupid to encourage anyone to join this community though lol.

I live in Kalgoorlie at the moment but make trips to perth/bunbury often. I only learnt about supanova last year(right after they had it in Perth, dammit) and Wai-con just now. I didnt think we even had any amv cons in WA. Im still quite new to AMV editing and have only made a few crappy ones but really want to get into it more.

Supanova doesn't have an AMV competition which I'm glad they don't because it's an awesome convention and if AMV puts it at risk due to the legality of AMVs then it's better to not have AMVs there at all. WAI-Con has a really good AMV competition and there's a small group of passionate editors who enter the main competition and iron chef competitions. I don't know them too well since I can never wake up in time for the screening but if you like AMVs then it'll be cool if you introduce yourself to them, they'll probably be at the AMV panels, just a shame that all we do now during the panels is show comedy vids =)
OropherZero

Postby Tonstar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I look forward to meeting other WA editors, learning more and, hell, maybe ill eventually make something worthy enough.
Tonstar

Postby Eake4 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Theres many WA AMV editors and only a very few in NSW. All I know that are from NSW here are Shinnie04 and me myself
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby Mister Hatt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 am

Wasn't Autreya .au as well? Plenty of editors in Perth, Adelaide, and Sydney that I've heard of, not sure about other places. I helped write rules for Wai-Con's competition the last two years and from what Justin was saying, there are a lot of domestic entries and a few from Canada.
Mister Hatt

Postby OropherZero » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 am

'a few from Canada' pretty much meaning Fizziks and his ongoing waicon legacy XD Autraya doesn't edit anymore. I think a lot of the eastern state editors came from the SMASH competition and their online voting system.
OropherZero

Postby Eake4 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:02 am

OropherZero wrote:I think a lot of the eastern state editors came from the SMASH competition and their online voting system.

I started from watching Shinnie's video, I only learnt SMASH around last year and this year im probably gonna participate there
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby MariaChrystal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:54 am

*waves*

Why did I see this now, not before...

I live in Sydney, but been lurking here since 09. Just started making my own AMVs maybe a year now, still a rookie. Sydney Animania Speed AMV got me seriously interested till they decided to not have it anymore. :( Then I move to SMASH! and became a judge there for their AMV Comp.

I was wondering if there was any Aussie editors, seem I found my answer lol.
MariaChrystal
SMASH! AMV Coordinator

Return to General AMV