The Lip Flapper: Main Thread

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper: Main Thread

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:12 pm

gote wrote:it just seems to me that most of the smaller communities (i.e. not youtube or the Org) are primarily composed of a single race or maybe it's just the language, but it's not about race as much as it is the communities that are seemingly divided by race.
"Race" and "nationality" are not synonyms. When I said it was totally the wrong word, trust me, I was right.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 pm

State of the Flapper

Well, it's now about 2 months since I began "The Lip Flapper". Thanks for all the support. I really appreciate it! :3

Now, I'm currently about to begin midterms. Thankfully, "The Lip Flapper" has enough material to continue production during this time. Next week should be especially eventful [one post a day for our 4-part panel, as well as the AMV Review on Friday!].

However, post-midterms, I'm going to start implementing a few changes with the lip flapper to make it more user friendly (as well as to save a little time on my end as well). The first big change is going to be that "The Lip Flapper" is going to begin being produced in a PDF format available for download. I feel like formatting the forum posts each week is becoming a hassle, and having an InDesign template that I can copy/paste each week will make this more easy. Plus, this will allow for easy reading on mobile devices as well as with saving copies should that interest you. I plan on formatting prior interviews in this format, but only once I've really gotten everything kicked off and running effectively. I'm still searching for a logo designer if anyone is interested!

I also plan to squash the idea for surveys. Unfortunately, my "test" survey did not go very well. It did not have enough data to be statistically relevant (I see this as a recurring issue), and I feel like it wouldn't make for a good editorial anyway.

While reviews, panels and interviews are currently the only 3 production plans at the moment, I have several plans in the future. None of these are in "perfect" planning condition at the moment, but I do think that they should be viable at the conclusion of Project OrgEditor Season 2 (when I will have time to properly dedicate to them). Let's just say that they may involve YouTube if I can get the project off the ground and actually get editors to go through with it. [Luckily, I have Re-Evolution friends that may humor me long enough. XD] However, these will likely only be "monthly" editions due to their high level of production time required.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

I was thinking that the lip flapper threads should probably have their own sub forum under general AMVs. If not, they'll eventually take up the entire general AMV forum.

It would also be nice of the sub forum had 2 locations, or a "shortcut location" (like how the VCA thread is under the org supported contest forum, and under Anime Music Videos category on the main page).

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:42 pm

people wouldn't notice the lipflapper as much and it would be relying on DEDICATED fans not just passersby that are like "oh hey, i liked the last one, let's skim through this"

them taking up the general forum is the general forum's fault, code uploads once or twice a week not everyday (save for this week) so i don't think a subforum is a good idea.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:36 pm

gote wrote:people wouldn't notice the lipflapper as much and it would be relying on DEDICATED fans not just passersby that are like "oh hey, i liked the last one, let's skim through this"

them taking up the general forum is the general forum's fault, code uploads once or twice a week not everyday (save for this week) so i don't think a subforum is a good idea.
I see your point.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Out of sight, out of mind. It didn't work so well for the "Recommended AMVs" forum, if you'll recall.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 pm

I appreciate the thought though. :3

Hopefully, one of these days I might be able to make it on the interviews section on the main page though. Although I'd probably still do discussions here as well. :)

My last midterm is tomorrow, so hopefully I can start work on the template design early and might be able to execute prototype designs in early March. Still, no official release date on that yet.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm wondering if putting these into PDFs is going to have similar readership problems. Maybe I'm unique in my hatred of them, though.
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Rendakor wrote:I'm wondering if putting these into PDFs is going to have similar readership problems. Maybe I'm unique in my hatred of them, though.
Is there something wrong with PDFs? I ask this seriously, because I want to make sure that I don't turn off everyone, and I might be able to make a RTF format too.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:41 am

oh, that's a good point i didn't think about that...

maybe you can paste the meat of the articles in the topic still, but not feel the need to format so nicely anymore since you have the pdfs?

Return to “General AMV”