Posting on youTube

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Charlie2Kairi
Org Profile

Posting on youTube

Post by Charlie2Kairi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 am

I guess this is the right spot to post this, I'm a nublet.
I have posted 3 videos on YouTube and one was blocked and 1 was partly blocked. I understand about copyrights and such, thats fine, I just want to know if anyone has ever had big trouble with posting a video. Like getting fined for using the anime/songs and I know that YouTube will block accts for using copyrighted stuff. It makes me nervous to post anymore amv's. I put the stuff on there that says that its copyrighted by _fill in the blank_, I had figured when I posted a video for first time that was what I was supposed to do. So what experiences are there, should I be so worried about posting anything more. I don't want to get huge problems from posting AMV's, I just want to be able to show them off.
Not sure how silly this post sounds, but I just wanted to know about this, Thanks! ^.^

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Posting on youTube

Post by Kariudo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am

I don't know of anyone who has gotten fined for that. Multiple accounts closed, yes...but not fined.

I'd say uploading AMVs here is better in pretty much all ways (except for visibility)...but then again I might be just a tad biased :p

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:51 am

I always upload my videos to a 'test' youtube account 1st, to see what the reaction is. I try to always access that from work, and my main account from home (different ISPs), but I'm sure I have screwed that up at times.

Then some videos get hit months later sometimes.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I've gotten strikes from the company who owns inuyasha, and from miyazaki :P

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:31 pm

I just recently put up, on my test account, my latest video. Here is the copyright reaction it got:

<b>
Your video, NEW VIDEO - by HalOfBorg - full version , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:

Entity: WMG and SME Content Type: Sound Recording

As a result, your video is blocked everywhere except in these locations:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo - Democratic Republic of, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
</b>

Where is it blocked???? :)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 pm

sounds like someone needs to review the nations of the world

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 pm

I think the main thing is to have "alternate accounts" to work with. HalOfBorg's test account idea is pretty good. I've seen people mirror images and change the pitch of the audio to get around filters, but I usually find that to be really distracting. My suggestion is, use a test account with "betas" of your videos to see the "youtube affects" by uploading it "unlisted" and any videos that give you trouble just post it here.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 am

Kariudo wrote:sounds like someone needs to review the nations of the world
LOL

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Kariudo wrote:sounds like someone needs to review the nations of the world
Fun fact: that song was actually inaccurate when it was made (including several non-existent countries and missing at least 3 entirely). I think it misses over a dozen now.

On topic: I wouldn't try to do anything to get around the filters they put there. Doing so is willful and flagrant violation of their ToS and the law. You have no defense at that point. You can't even feign ignorance.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:26 pm

I wouldn't worry about posting stuff on youtube. I've only had one video where the audio was disabled, but usually most videos I post only get partly blocked in Germany, which from my understanding is because of the audio and the way they license music there.

When I get copyright strikes I file DMCA counter-notices claiming fair use. Two weeks later the video is back up and the copyright strike is removed. fairusetube.org is a good resource for that.

Return to “General AMV”