Fandom Paradise: A Request to AMV Creators

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Gervise
Org Profile

Fandom Paradise: A Request to AMV Creators

Post by Gervise » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 am

For Those that don't know me, My name is John "The Shades" Tague. I'm the host of a popular show online called "Fandom Paradise" that Showcases the best in Fan-Made creations, mostly AMVs, but other things as well. I've been featuring AMVs on my show for over 2 years now, and I've been very good about informing those I feature of my intent to do so.

I wanted to ask a simple question, Since often I never hear back from people I want to feature, but I still think their video deserves a spot on the show, I wanted to get a feel for if it'd be ok to just have a blanket consensus to feature the videos I find. A few points I'd like to make:

1. I will do my damndest to NEVER show the AMV in it's entirety on my show, it's meant to promote the work, and let fans know where to find it. I will never try to steal your hard work from you for my own benefit.

2. I will ALWAYS do my best to credit the author of the AMV for their work, and provide links to the org to get the video, unless otherwise noted. It's your work, I just want to show it around.

3. While I do get paid ad revenue for my show, the money I earn will be 95% from my own footage and Audio, not from the AMV. I use Live Action Footage, and The Majority of the audio is my own Voice-Over commentary, so I will not be getting paid for your work, but my own. this coincides with #1&2.

4. If, at any given time, An author feels they are getting ripped-off, and/or does not want me to feature their work on my show, They can e-mail me at Shades@reviewtopia.net, and i'll be willing to compromise, up to and including taking down the video if they so request.

I do my best to make sure everyone is informed of when i plan to feature them, and I'd even be willing to start a new thread specifically for linking to new AMV features when they come out, but when I cannot find any way to contact an author, I don't want to leave a good AMV un-featured. Thanks for listening, andI hope you Enjoy the show. I'll post a Link to the show page, so you can see my past episodes, including some AMV features that i've done. Perhaps one of your AMVs is there, and if so, and I did not contact you, I do apologize, I did try, I promise. Take Care:

http://reviewtopia.net/anime/the-shades/fandom-paradise
Anime is Taking over! Join the Conquest over at:
http://www.youtube.com/c/JohnTagueTheShadesAT
Check my Shows: Anime Takeover, Fandom Paradise, and Shades Plays
Head there today and check it out! Rock on!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Fandom Paradise: A Request to AMV Creators

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Honestly, I've never seen an editor say "Hey you! How dare you feature my AMV and say good things about it!"

I've watched some of your reviews that friends got featured in and even a review you did of my video "Incubus." Overall, I don't have anything negative to say :P You're sharing what you enjoy as a fan and trying to highlight videos you believe deserve it.

I've seen the same thing happen at AMV panels, contests, and even reviews we've done here.

I'd say you have the green-light to highlight any videos that you want :P I mean, I obviously can't speak for everyone here, but like I said...I've NEVER seen an editor turn down a bit of ego stroking xD

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm

I agree with Yue, I don't really see an editor being upset over their work being shown and reviewed.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:41 pm

I love your reaction to the Tunaz <3

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I don't approve...

...of the lack of my videos in said reviews. 'Nuff said :<

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:34 pm

I would have no problem if you featured mine, for example. However, it might be a good idea to make a good faith effort to contact the AMV creator and let them know that their video is being featured. That way, if they have an individual objection, you won't accidentally tick them off.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:36 pm

If I was ever contacted about this I'd not only be delighted and honored, I'd reply so fast my PC would miss it.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:25 am

This kind of stuff is what makes me happy.

I love it when fans just grab a video an show a genuine enjoyment of the hobby.
I have seen your webcast a few times before and you seem to just be a guy that really likes AMVs and that's totally cool.

Too often around here we have people that get caught up on "overused this" or "technical error that" and forget that this is a neat hobby and there are people that just appreciate AMVs.

So to you Shades please keep doing your thing and enjoying what we do!

:shark:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:52 am

x100 to everything said so far.

Too many people are quick to criticize and cut things down, there are very few people reviewing and praising for a job well done. So to you sir, job well done.

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:36 am

ZephyrStar wrote:x100 to everything said so far.

Too many people are quick to criticize and cut things down, there are very few people reviewing and praising for a job well done. So to you sir, job well done.
Agreed.
ImageImageImage

Return to “General AMV”