Banner voting limit changed

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Banner voting limit changed

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:30 am

Just recently, the banner voting limit has been changed from 150 votes to 50 votes and the Worthy limit has been reduced appropriately (91 to 30).

For those of you who make banners/watch banners/vote on banners - after this time, do you think it's a good number? I have heard some complaints on the number being "too" low and would like to know from more sources.

Just to clear out - there were 39 + 10 banners in voting when the limit changed and now there are 0 + 8.

And two more questions - in the case of increasing the number, should be the queue kept or should the banners go to voting instantly? And one more for administration to find out about voting (at least a little) - have you voted upon banners in the last week?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Banner voting limit changed

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:36 am

I used to constantly vote on banners, but eventually it came to the point where I had to wait a long time to vote on other banners, and I eventually forgot about it entirely. Ditch the queue.

I think the number is fine. 150 was a lot even way back when, and 50 is a lot more reasonable.

And yes, I actually have voted in the last week.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:02 pm

cool, a lot more of the shitty banners are gonna filter through, oh well.

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:50 pm

I think lowered amount is very appropriate. It averages about a day for banners to be fully voted upon, as opposed to more than a week previously. I would much rather get accepted/rejected quickly than stay in limbo.

I have indeed voted in the past week.
NS wrote:cool, a lot more of the shitty banners are gonna filter through, oh well.
I don't think this is true. They kept the proportion of votes needed perfectly. At the very least I can speak from personal experience as 3/4 of the banners I've submitted under the new system have been rejected.

I believe that whether or not to remove the queue is irrelevant as the new system is so speedy banners wont have a chance to build up. This could be a problem as whenever someone goes to vote, there may be no banners to vote on and they lose interest to vote entirely.

Too bad the org doesn't implement polls, as this would be the ideal time to have one.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:56 pm

yah that's true, it makes sense.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:08 pm

I don't think the "shitty banners" will filter through since less people are voting anyway... besides about 1/2 of my banners have made it through.

I think it's good as it is.

as for the que - I think 10 at a time is easier to look at rather than shoving all the banners up there at once, but I guess go ahead and make the que very high?

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Post by Cross/fade » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:15 am

150 was way too high. 50 might be a little low but I guess life will verify it :uhoh:

przemoc86
Org Profile

Post by przemoc86 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Cross/fade wrote:150 was way too high. 50 might be a little low but I guess life will verify it :uhoh:
If we require less votes, then the voting result is actually less worthy. Look at my profile: http://a-m-v.org/user/przemoc#banners. I had 10, 27, 19, 26, 29, 25, 24 worthy votes accordingly. And I really don't know whether there were only voters in a bad mood or sth. ;) With 150 votes the score is much more clear IMHO.

I'm also not sure whether all viewers know how difficult is creating decent animated gifs in only 21000 bytes, but it's a different story and I shouldn't bring it up here...

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm

przemoc wrote:
Cross/fade wrote:150 was way too high. 50 might be a little low but I guess life will verify it :uhoh:
If we require less votes, then the voting result is actually less worthy. Look at my profile: http://a-m-v.org/user/przemoc#banners. I had 10, 27, 19, 26, 29, 25, 24 worthy votes accordingly. And I really don't know whether there were only voters in a bad mood or sth. ;) With 150 votes the score is much more clear IMHO.

I'm also not sure whether all viewers know how difficult is creating decent animated gifs in only 21000 bytes, but it's a different story and I shouldn't bring it up here...
1) We can't see your unworthy banners, only you can ;x
2) Yep, animating is tough. Many people don't know how to do it "properly" even when without filesize constraints ;x

przemoc86
Org Profile

Post by przemoc86 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
przemoc wrote:[...] Look at my profile: http://a-m-v.org/user/przemoc#banners. [...]
1) We can't see your unworthy banners, only you can ;x
Have you visited my profile and clicked "my unworthy banners" link? Or you just saying... ;)

Return to “General AMV”