Your First Time Was ?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
GundalianSoul
Org Profile

Your First Time Was ?

Post by GundalianSoul » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Hello, Im Treon, and I wanted to know the following.

1: What got you into making amvs?
2: When did you start making amvs?
3: If you dont make amvs, what got you into watching them?

thank you^^
-Treon

Minimoto
Org Profile

Re: Your First Time Was ?

Post by Minimoto » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:31 pm

1. I saw awesome ones somewhere, then my cousin made one so I tried too.
2. Two years ago.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 pm

1. Vegeta In the End AMV

2. 4 years this September.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:47 pm

1. As lame as it sounds, I wanted to promote my lame ass website... now it's the opposite: my lame ass website promotes my amvs.
2. since March 2004 (I joined the org just after making my first amv)
3. My friend who is a member of this site showed me some random amvs way back when (like 1999 or 2000?) - funny thing is he told me he could see me getting into this, and being pretty good, I told him "No probably not".

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm

1) The Anime Boston 2003 contest / iron editor. Enough of what I saw seemed meh enough that I figured I could do better.
2) I started making something with the intent of it being an AMV around January 2004. I had made an ad to promote the Anime Club I ran in high school back in early 2003 that didn't end up getting shown (IIRC) due to content. (it was done with VHS on this giant video production machine in our school's AV studio)
3) I downloaded and watched some early stuff by Doki, Aluminum Studios, and a few others back in 1999 at the two places I had access to an internet connection (my middle school's computer lab and my best friend's house). That shit took hours to get and we thought it was the absolute best.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:13 pm

1) Yuu Yuu Hakusho and wanting to be skilled in something.
2) See other thread on page 1 or 2
3) I make and watch, because I enjoy them.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 pm

1. Some old dbz amvs. I found them in the search of random clips of the dbz series. I just wanted to make this stuff too.

2. Late Summer 2001. The good video stuff came after 2005.

3. You know... in summer 2001 I got my first real contact with manga and anime. I started with dbz mangas of a friend. Our local TV channel didn't show any animes. The way to finaly see a bit of them was to download random clips of dbz from the internet. It was very exciting to read your first manga and afterwards see parts of it in full motion. There was magic behind it. So you can imagine how excited I was to finally see some amvs set to a lot of music that I really enjoyed.

It makes me a bit melancholic to be reminded that I will never feel the same magic for the hobby again. Though it's still enjoyable.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:25 pm

1: What got you into making amvs?

I bought a capture card to make DBZ clips for my website. A friend of mine started taking my clips and made amvs to them and that got me inspired.

2: When did you start making amvs?

Summer of 1999
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 pm

1. I remember the first time i ever saw an amv. I remember where i was, what i was doing, which video it was, and who gave it to me. I was housesitting for my dad's coworker and my friend had burned some amvs onto a disk for me to play. the first one i watched was Gohan vs. Cell to One Step Closer. and i fell in love. i already loved DBZ, and this opened a whole new world. it wasn't long before i was dying to make my own. but i didn't have a clue how to do it until i went to art school, and i made some friends in the video department. they showed me how to record off of my vhs tapes (yeah that's right) and taught me to use final cut pro (which fortunately was almost identical to premiere).

2. i started editing in 03. i made 6 dbz vids while in school. then went on hiatus because of personal reasons. then in 06 i bought my own computer (which i still use), got a copy of premiere, and self taught myself how to use it. and read the guides on how to use amvapp which taught me how to rip, compress, convert, yadda yadda. and from then on i just can't seem to stop. |:>

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 pm

1. Something like Fullmetal Alchemist >> Youtube>> Sierra Lorna >> Nostromos >> Koopiskeva>> a-m-v.org, it was a great process to fell into obssesion. ;D

2.Finals of 2007, my pc dies in 2008 and now im starting over.
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Return to “General AMV”