I wonder if pimping really helps.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:37 am

downwithpants wrote:but in the end, it all comes down to the urban vote. play the minority card.
:lol:

Personally I think the best advertising is a number of people pimping the same video. If I see a thread where three or four people all praise one video, I'm very likely to check it out.

Also name recognition has some influence. I pay more attention to famous creators and freinds.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:29 am

pen-pen2002 wrote:Personally I think the best advertising is a number of people pimping the same video. If I see a thread where three or four people all praise one video, I'm very likely to check it out.

Also name recognition has some influence. I pay more attention to famous creators and freinds.
My thoughts entirely.

So if I see someone that I think of as making pretty good videos (say Corran for example) suggesting other peoples videos as better; I'm pretty likely to check them out.

Also, if I see a name that I recognize like Arigatomyna, I'm also more likely to check it out. Simply based on experience.

if you really want to see that in action, just check out the announcement threads. You'll see that the 'big names' tend to get multiple pages of replies, while the rest (excepting those that spam to keep it alive) usually die off pretty quickly.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “General AMV”