Bowling for Columbine

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
gadoo
Org Profile

Bowling for Columbine

Post by gadoo » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:08 am

I just want to say that the cartoon thing was hilarious...I must download this clip!! I tried searching and nothing.. :( anyone out there know what I'm talking about or at least knows where I can get the funny clip of the cartoon?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:10 am

I've yet to see it, I am on the look out for it though... ^_^

~klinky

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:35 pm

I have seen it!! ^_^ I have seen two versions of it actually. In fact, Ohio University is in the credits since we voted on which audio to use (We were the last stop on his book tour) the other voice track sounded a lot like Disney characters.

Ok, so I know what you are talking about and I don't know of a place yet to download.

I have yet to actually see the whole Bowling for Columbine but I anticipate a dvd release by the beginning of next year.

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:46 pm

Ohio U? Swank. My wife's on faculty there, Dept. of Anthropology.

Any web links for the film y'all are mentioning? I gots ta know what this is...

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:59 pm

It's Michael Moore's new film. Don't know much about it beyond that, but here are some Google results.

Enjoy! :D
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:26 pm

oh man....that movie is out in my local theatre. maybe i should go watch it. its like one of those theatres that plays privatly funded films or foreign films...stuff like that. i was looking at the poster for that and i thought it looked interesting, though i'm not sure if i have the time to go watch it. i have midterms for the next three weeks. then after that its finals for the next two weeks. yes, my school is that fucked up. but then after finals...i get to go home and chill and go torture omni...er..i mean visit him. :lol: wait..wtf?! >< i just went totally off topic! arrr...>< i just took a midterm and my brain is fried....lemme lone!! ><

err...wat i was trying to -_- say was...i have no time to see that movie and i would like to know wat its about...

-_-; (has a big fuckin headache now....)

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:34 pm

It was the first documentary to be accepted at the Cannes film festival for over 40 years. They liked it so much, a catagory was created for it to win.

I think a lot of people don't get Michael Moore. A lot of critics are talking about him like he's someone just out to stir up trouble since his material is contraversial no doubt. His outlook isn't very mainstream so I suggest you go see it soon Prius, or it may be gone before you get a chance.

RichLather will probably be the only one who knows what I am saying here: The Athena in town is now owned by OU and I am hoping they pick it up. I'd like to see it in a group of people...get reactions and such. When he visited last April, a ton of people went to see him. So the support os here...maybe I need to write The Post :wink:

gadoo
Org Profile

Post by gadoo » Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:47 pm

this movie is especially funny for those who laugh at small and stupid things and for southpark lovers...cause the cartoon has a southpark feel to it.. and the whole documentary is making fun of America and their violence rates. You must watch it with friends.

and I all of a sudden have an urge to move to Canada, does anyone else have this problem?

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:51 am

Well I might check it out but Micheal moore is a piece of shit for his other film roger and me where he tried to destroy the head of gms credibility with a bunch of lies. Hes into yellow journalism bigtime.

Mr Oni

gadoo
Org Profile

Post by gadoo » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:11 pm

Yeah, Roger and me sucked...

Return to “General Off Topic”