The Voice of reason intervenes. [about console gaming]

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:52 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Game Gear: THE SHIT! It kept me alive on road trips when growing up. I played Prince of Persia and Sonic Triple Trouble til I could beat them with my eyes closed... one handed.
:up:

I still play my Game Gear, and it's still cool.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:56 pm

Oh, and Earthbound 1 and 2 are on one cartridge and out in Japan as we speak without an info on a US release. :? I'm about ready to get my pitchfork and torch and start some "holy cleansing" at Nintendo if they don't fix this.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:59 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:Oh, and Earthbound 1 and 2 are on one cartridge and out in Japan as we speak without an info on a US release. :? I'm about ready to get my pitchfork and torch and start some "holy cleansing" at Nintendo if they don't fix this.
I waited for a good solid 3 years for Earthbound 64... Damn Nintendo... I love you, but at the same time, die.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:00 pm

3 is also getting a japanese release on the GBA.
Want to join me on an old fashoned crusade? :?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:02 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:
Want to join me on an old fashoned crusade? :?
I will after I finish beating Tactics again. :wink:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:07 pm

Why is it that all the good RPG's are going to the GBA? how about having a Tactics sequel on a CONSOLE? Same for Earthbound. But at least I'm getting more Harvest Moon on the console so I'm content.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Dreamcast: I liked it, it was worth the buy, but I'm not a splooging fanboy, mainly due to the lack of RPGs. However, some of the fighting games were the greatest I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and it was a decent sports game console as well. Sonic Adventure was as good as Mario 64 for its time, and House of the Dead 2 was always good for a few laughs (at the dialogue mainly) and solid gameplay.
RPGs? If I may, I suggest Grandia 2 (phenomenal gameplay in fights), Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue.

All good RPGs. Not my favorites (Lunar 2 and Suikoden II), but still very good.

You are right though that there weren't *that* many RPGs, but let's be honest...it had what...less than 2 years?

Anyway check those out. You can get them fairly cheap nowadays.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:13 pm

dwchang wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:Dreamcast: I liked it, it was worth the buy, but I'm not a splooging fanboy, mainly due to the lack of RPGs. However, some of the fighting games were the greatest I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and it was a decent sports game console as well. Sonic Adventure was as good as Mario 64 for its time, and House of the Dead 2 was always good for a few laughs (at the dialogue mainly) and solid gameplay.
RPGs? If I may, I suggest Grandia 2 (phenomenal gameplay in fights), Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue.

All good RPGs. Not my favorites (Lunar 2 and Suikoden II), but still very good.

You are right though that there weren't *that* many RPGs, but let's be honest...it had what...less than 2 years?

Anyway check those out. You can get them fairly cheap nowadays.
Agreed on all three; great games all, although Shenmue's certainly not to everyone's tastes. Although I played the PS2 version of Grandia, it's still great.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:15 pm

Savia wrote:Agreed on all three; great games all, although Shenmue's certainly not to everyone's tastes. Although I played the PS2 version of Grandia, it's still great.
/me hates the fact Shenmue 2 only came out on the X-box (only system I don't own). I hear it gets a lot better too ;_;
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:17 pm

dwchang wrote:
Savia wrote:Agreed on all three; great games all, although Shenmue's certainly not to everyone's tastes. Although I played the PS2 version of Grandia, it's still great.
/me hates the fact Shenmue 2 only came out on the X-box (only system I don't own). I hear it gets a lot better too ;_;
Hang on, I was certain that a version was available for Dreamcast.

I've played it, for crying out loud.

Return to “General Off Topic”