wat do you watch football for? (retorical question)

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:26 pm

Cheerleaders?

I watch it to spend quality time with my spouse. :?
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:08 pm

J-0080 wrote:Cheerleaders?

I watch it to spend quality time with my spouse. :?
and i watch it for the actual game but it doesnt hurt to check out the sidelines :wink:

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:25 pm

id say half of it is for the cheerleaders and the other half for the game itself.

That goes for me at least.
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

xtc_kurama
Org Profile

Post by xtc_kurama » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:27 pm

i dont even think that my team has cheerleaders :(
http://elazulspad.com/blaxor/
"We're not evil, you can trust us."
- Conditioner Corp. slogan

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:57 pm

i cant watch football sense im kind of busy actually playing --; But i do watch pro every now and then, i just watch it to see what im supposed to do so as to get better, thats pretty much it.
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

Toecutter
Org Profile

Post by Toecutter » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:48 pm

I catch about five minutes of a college football game every once in a while. But that's more than enough to remind me how boring televised sports are. Even NASCAR and IHRA drag racing is boring (yes, let's watch cars going around in circles and straight lines for hours on end).

If you want a real televised sport to watch, you have to check out the Dakar! They run it on Speedvision every year, and it's nearly time for it to start up again! It's basically a 5,000-8,000 mile race starting in France, and ending somewhere at the edge of the Sahara Desert. There are three classes: motorcycles, your Baja 1000-style dune buggies, and then there are these HUGE diesel 4x4's, which are basically high performance garbage trucks. They must weigh at least 20 tons! What's really entertaining, though, is when the big trucks roll over, and the whole crew has to get out, and figure out how to right them again.

By the way, does anyone know if/when Speedvision aires the International Race of Champions?
GoatMan
was here!

Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:56 pm

Toecutter wrote:I catch about five minutes of a college football game every once in a while. But that's more than enough to remind me how boring televised sports are. Even NASCAR and IHRA drag racing is boring (yes, let's watch cars going around in circles and straight lines for hours on end).

If you want a real televised sport to watch, you have to check out the Dakar! They run it on Speedvision every year, and it's nearly time for it to start up again! It's basically a 5,000-8,000 mile race starting in France, and ending somewhere at the edge of the Sahara Desert. There are three classes: motorcycles, your Baja 1000-style dune buggies, and then there are these HUGE diesel 4x4's, which are basically high performance garbage trucks. They must weigh at least 20 tons! What's really entertaining, though, is when the big trucks roll over, and the whole crew has to get out, and figure out how to right them again.

By the way, does anyone know if/when Speedvision aires the International Race of Champions?
Hell yeah! Dakar kicks ass!! I like the huge semi-type trucks. And your right, Nascar has got nothing on World Rally. The cars don't even look like their production counter-parts, unlike in rally. Rally and GT Touring are the best kinds of motorsports.
Oh and I moved and now I don't get the Speed channel :cry:
The Big O will KILL you!

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:58 pm

i watch the superbowl for mainly for the commercials, the game is a bonus.
i watch other games for the gameplay.

toecutter that race thing sounds cool. too bad i dont have speedvision though.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Toecutter
Org Profile

Post by Toecutter » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:10 pm

Hell yeah! Dakar kicks ass!! I like the huge semi-type trucks. And your right, Nascar has got nothing on World Rally. The cars don't even look like their production counter-parts, unlike in rally. Rally and GT Touring are the best kinds of motorsports.
Oh and I moved and now I don't get the Speed channel
Actually, ESPN runs (I kid you not) School Bus Figure-8 track racing! It's absolutely hilarious. All the glass has to be taken out of the busses, but anything else goes! Quite a few of the drivers decorate the busses like demolition-derby cars. What's really entertaining is watching these busses being paced by a Z06 Corvette, with all the red lights flashing.

As for World Rally, that's pretty cool. But it's no fun watching the Subaru-equipped teams shut down everyone else (except Sebastian Loeb, who manages to hold his own pretty well). But even those cars are too modified.

I know Speedvision runs Vintage auto racing. I caught a little bit of it on Saturday night. They had everything from Ford Galaxies, '30's BMW's and Mercedes Benz's, to one guy in a Mini Cooper S. Of course, since it's all British, I doubt they'd have any good classic cars out there (Corvettes, Shelby A/C Cobra FIA 289's, etc).
GoatMan
was here!

Return to “General Off Topic”