GFX Con Official Rules and Entry Confomations

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:31 pm

Hello 0609...

I hear you're soon-to-begin this - when are the entries due?

I'll try to take a stab at drawing something new tonight, but if it doesn't work, no worries... I'll find something that's old but still decent.

Well, hoping it'll be fun :)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:42 pm

Well, as stated in the first post, I'm making the threads TOMORROW, yes, THE 29th (sorry CA, not a week from tomorrow).

HOWEVER, the actual entries don't have to be posted until WEDNSDAY at NOON EST. So don't flip out if you need time, but get workin.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

azulmagia
Org Profile

Post by azulmagia » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:48 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Well, as stated in the first post, I'm making the threads TOMORROW, yes, THE 29th (sorry CA, not a week from tomorrow).

HOWEVER, the actual entries don't have to be posted until WEDNSDAY at NOON EST. So don't flip out if you need time, but get workin.
Allright!

:o

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:50 pm

w3wt
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:56 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Well, as stated in the first post, I'm making the threads TOMORROW, yes, THE 29th (sorry CA, not a week from tomorrow).

Good. I figured I was misunderstanding it, but I always like to make sure.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:02 am

Hmmmm... Trunkotaku's informed me that he has to drop out of all computer, so if jonmart doesn't mind I'll throw him back in.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:45 pm

Here's a quick rule question for you:

When I scan the pic in, I usually take it to Photoshop and tweak the brightness/contrast to make sure the pic comes out clear. Is that considered filtering or is it acceptable? Just wondering, since virtually every scan I have now is tweaked for this.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:24 pm

Hmmmmm, HMMMMM, as long as nothing visual changes (nothing is added and nothing is removed) and as long as you only do stuff that makes the drawing look MORE like it looked on paper, tehn I guess its fine. You may tweak a little, but only A LITTLE.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:54 pm

Alright.

The only one function I use it for is line removal when I draw on lined paper, but that shouldn't be a concern since I probably can do better than lined paper drawings for a contest :wink:

Return to “General Off Topic”