Geek: The Nerd Within

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
emp|typ|athetic
Org Profile

Geek: The Nerd Within

Post by emp|typ|athetic » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:01 pm

This thread is dedicated to all your OTHER cultural fetishes.
What were(or still are) your non-otaku obsessions?

It's gotta be something in the realm of movies, TV-series, books, comics etc.

Please don't post stuff like you're a coprophage, or "I have a fetish for abusive midget women in hula costumes", or "my collection of limited edition WW2 Nazi souvenir utensils", " I get off from seeing a couple of skeletons demonstrating various sexual positions"..
well, you get the point.

Anyway. I had an obsession for the Harconens after watching David Lynch's original Dune movie when I was a but a wee emp.

Also, when I was but an even weeer emp, I used to have the ENTIRE action figure collection of The Biker Mice From Mars.. :| including all their bikes and even their SECRET hideout *sigh* those were the days..
Well, not really. :?
"One should never kill a person, especially if it means taking his life." ~Boris

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:05 pm

I obsess over Computer games. I used to stay up all weekend and play games on the net. You want a marathon of gaming? 48 hours of Fragging, baby. 50 wins and 250 losses. :)
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

emp|typ|athetic
Org Profile

Post by emp|typ|athetic » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:13 pm

yuppa wrote:I obsess over Computer games. I used to stay up all weekend and play games on the net. You want a marathon of gaming? 48 hours of Fragging, baby. 50 wins and 250 losses. :)
sorry, yuppa.. that doesn't quite qualify..
I wrote:It's gotta be something in the realm of movies, TV-series, books, comics etc.
:wink:
"One should never kill a person, especially if it means taking his life." ~Boris

Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:22 pm

i had/have an obsession over some of the movies I've seen. Some movies(like the Matrix, Willy Wonka, and Batman Returns) I watched over and over again until I pretty much knew the whole script by heart. Pretty sad no? :wink:

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:17 pm

The original Star Wars trilogy. :) The new ones are a dissappointment despite the great effects and faster lightsaber scenes.

And the Legend of Zelda series. I am a HUGE Zelda fan. :D I even wrote Zelda fanfiction for a while mostly for "Ocarina of Time" and "Majora's Mask." :lol: Well people said I was good. I think I'm just "ok." :wink:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:22 pm

Movies produced by Jerry Bruickheimer except for a select few (Coyote Ugly, Kangaroo Jack).
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:55 pm

Books, anything by Stephen King or Dean R. Koontz, and a lesser Ann McCaffrey obsession.
And any movies with Jeff Goldblum for nearly two years straight, call it a teenage crush. :oops:

pyro_256
Org Profile

Post by pyro_256 » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:02 pm

i have absolutely no obsessions that could possibly be considered "cultural"

emp|typ|athetic
Org Profile

Post by emp|typ|athetic » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:39 pm

shut up. im forreign. not speako the inglichsh

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:54 pm

Star Trek is one of my obsessions. It's perhaps the best television series ever created, ESPECIALLY The Next Generation and the original series.
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

Return to “General Off Topic”