O_o

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:00 am

There's a difference between:

"This guy is a jerk, but there's nothing we can do about it but ignore him, because his opinion obviously has no basis" (which is about what I'm saying)

and what you are accusing, which is

"This guy is right!!!"

Please make that distinction, as it is important. Thanks.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:05 am

Come on, dont be dissing stereotypes guys. Stereotypes are the very foundation that our society is based upon! I mean seriously, what would be on tv these days if it weren't for stereotypes? Hell, how many anime characters can you say that you honestly like, that ARENT STEREOTYPES in some way?

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:24 am

"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:04 am

oh that is wack!

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:25 am

Will I be offended if I watch that vid Danny?

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:52 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:There's a difference between:

"This guy is a jerk, but there's nothing we can do about it but ignore him, because his opinion obviously has no basis" (which is about what I'm saying)

and what you are accusing, which is

"This guy is right!!!"

Please make that distinction, as it is important. Thanks.
-I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular, Sarah, just making a general statement.

You are right, however. There is a difference between allowing someone to have their own opinion unchallenged and agreeing with them. I wasn't trying to say that people need to agree with everyone. That's just sheep mentality. And I hate sheep mentality.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:00 am

leathelanime wrote:Will I be offended if I watch that vid Danny?
Only if you find my use of parodying a parody offensive... :wink:
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:47 pm

Ya'll need to calm down.

maddox writes his page because he can. nothing more nothing less. as you would know if you read the whole site, hes not really passionate in his hate about many things. hes usually just saying stuff to bust yer chops. its not hard to get a small percentage of people offended at a few nasty words and he knows that. so he does. thats it. and while there are some things that he hates (certain bands, people) with a passion, most of them are just brought up to shock/piss you off. take it for what it is, a joke. and lighten the fuck up. you're not better for liking anime, you're not taller, faster or stronger for liking it. its a hobby, so stop treating it like a fucking religion and crying when someone rags on it. theres one thing i dispise more than idiots, and thats elitism.

leathel - hopefully ^_^
nil per os

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:50 pm

*covers my ears*

stop!! you're offending me!!

:cry: :cry:

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:05 pm

NME wrote:Ya'll need to calm down.

maddox writes his page because he can. nothing more nothing less. as you would know if you read the whole site, hes not really passionate in his hate about many things. hes usually just saying stuff to bust yer chops. its not hard to get a small percentage of people offended at a few nasty words and he knows that. so he does. thats it. and while there are some things that he hates (certain bands, people) with a passion, most of them are just brought up to shock/piss you off. take it for what it is, a joke. and lighten the fuck up. you're not better for liking anime, you're not taller, faster or stronger for liking it. its a hobby, so stop treating it like a fucking religion and crying when someone rags on it. theres one thing i dispise more than idiots, and thats elitism.

leathel - hopefully ^_^
*cries with joy*

Yah dah, It was funny and that's it. No need to take offence at someone who was just rambling.

I like his hate mail, apparently there are more stupid people out there than I had originally thought :)

"it's inane not insane damit"

Return to “General Off Topic”