AMV spotlight

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: AMV spotlight

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue May 11, 2010 3:20 pm

you don't have to log out to see it, just go to the main page...

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:you don't have to log out to see it, just go to the main page...
But there's nothing on the main page, except this now I guess.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Wed May 12, 2010 12:01 pm

it's kinda intended for visitors who don't yet have an account, to attract them to the website.
if you already have an account, you can just go to the top star scale and click on whatever videos you want.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 pm

LittleAtari wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:you don't have to log out to see it, just go to the main page...
This and some random announcements about the previous VCA

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:
This and some random announcements about the previous VCA
But that's on the member page, too.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 pm

I keep seeing the same 4 or 5 videos come by every time I visit the page. Wouldn't it be neat if we can also add recently uploaded videos into the play list? That way along side the "awesome" video's we'll also have some fresh stuff. Basically saying "your video could be here ;D" etc.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu May 13, 2010 11:18 am

Niotex wrote:I keep seeing the same 4 or 5 videos come by every time I visit the page. Wouldn't it be neat if we can also add recently uploaded videos into the play list? That way along side the "awesome" video's we'll also have some fresh stuff. Basically saying "your video could be here ;D" etc.
If the purpose of this is to put the site's best foot forward, it'd be kinda hard efficiently sift through recent videos and make sure they're good. They won't have been around long enough for the star ratings to be in any way meaningful, only a couple recent vids would have OPs of any kind, and IMO hit number don't have enough of a correlation with quality to work.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu May 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Vivaldi wrote:
Niotex wrote:I keep seeing the same 4 or 5 videos come by every time I visit the page. Wouldn't it be neat if we can also add recently uploaded videos into the play list? That way along side the "awesome" video's we'll also have some fresh stuff. Basically saying "your video could be here ;D" etc.
If the purpose of this is to put the site's best foot forward, it'd be kinda hard efficiently sift through recent videos and make sure they're good. They won't have been around long enough for the star ratings to be in any way meaningful, only a couple recent vids would have OPs of any kind, and IMO hit number don't have enough of a correlation with quality to work.
The current method doesn't ensure that either. Get a dozen people to give a 5 to an unannounced video from someone nobody knows and it'll be on that list the next week.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu May 13, 2010 6:46 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Vivaldi wrote:
The current method doesn't ensure that either. Get a dozen people to give a 5 to an unannounced video from someone nobody knows and it'll be on that list the next week.
Hrm, I guess for some reason I assumed it would be weighted in favor of videos with a high number of ratings. Never mind then.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu May 13, 2010 6:55 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Vivaldi wrote:
Uploaded video directly to this > Enjoy your Linkin' BallZ |:

Mass misvoting gets corrected itself over time.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”