Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Post by Ileia » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 am

Good boy. *ruffles hair*
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Jeff
Org Profile

Post by Jeff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 pm

I don't see a problem with it. With a sub-forum to announce our live-action music videos we'd all be able to receive criticism and give it out in an organized fashion. I like that more than having to scope out that one thread for an LAMV I want to watch. We have a music sub-forum which I believe has just as little to do with AMV's as LAMV's. I hold a firm belief that as long as the videos are hosted by means other than this site, perhaps a video streaming site like Veoh, LiveVideo, or dare I say it, YouTube, it should be more than okay to have a sub-forum, I think that it may even enhance the users experience here.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:52 am

Jeff wrote:We have a music sub-forum which I believe has just as little to do with AMV's as LAMV's.
AnimeMusicVideos.org <> LiveActionMusicVideos.org

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Jeff wrote:We have a music sub-forum which I believe has just as little to do with AMV's as LAMV's.
We have an anime sub-forum that allows discussion of anime not related to amvs.
We have a music sub-forum that allows discussion of music not related to amvs.
And yes, we have a videos sub-forum that supposedly allows discussion of videos not related to amvs.

The problem here is that the General Video sub-forum is not equivalent to the General Music sub-forum. General Music is solely for discussion; it's separate from the Audio Help thread. General Video is a mix of discussion- and help-threads, and the latter seems to dominate.

Maybe people should collectively start announcing their LAMVs in the General Video sub-forum and see if discussion ensues?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

With the rules of the announcement forum as they are (you must list your video here to announce it) and the rules of the site (live action/non-anime videos are not allowed) people who post their live action announcements in the announcement forum will be breaking one of the rules... This is why this discussion was started in the first place.

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:45 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:With the rules of the announcement forum as they are (you must list your video here to announce it) and the rules of the site (live action/non-anime videos are not allowed) people who post their live action announcements in the announcement forum will be breaking one of the rules... This is why this discussion was started in the first place.
Those are only the rules of the announcement forum. I'm talking about General Video: For miscellaneous Video help and discussion that isn't covered by another forum.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:23 pm

pink haze wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:With the rules of the announcement forum as they are (you must list your video here to announce it) and the rules of the site (live action/non-anime videos are not allowed) people who post their live action announcements in the announcement forum will be breaking one of the rules... This is why this discussion was started in the first place.
Those are only the rules of the announcement forum. I'm talking about General Video: For miscellaneous Video help and discussion that isn't covered by another forum.
No. Just no :nono:

In the Live-Action thread in General the average video that gets posted in there usually only gets 2-3 responses. Do we really want to create a whole new forum where a slew of videos are going to be posted when almost nobody is going to reply anyway. Or in this case start spamming another forum for no good reason?

I'm a Live-Action editor. Off the top of my head I've edited >15 Live-Action videos over the last 4 years. I've edited more Live-Action than Anime videos since 2006. Despite all this I still think creating a sub-forum for Live-Action videos, or spamming an existing forum, with a thread for every new video is a terrible idea.

- We don't get the feedback in the existing thread in General, so what's the point of creating a whole new forum?
- This is AnimeMusicVideos.org - how many other ways can I say this?
- Introduce an LAMV sub-forum and you're going to be flooded by LJ community users.
- Do we then create a rule that you can only post in the Live-Action thread if you're an AMV editor as well? How do you enforce that?

I really think that if everyone seriously wants this then one of you should just pull your thumb out of your ass and work on developing a sister site. I honestly think there's no place for them here apart from the existing thread in General AMV.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Prodigi wrote:- We don't get the feedback in the existing thread in General, so what's the point of creating a whole new forum?
That IS the point. personally i don't lurk the lamv thread because it's a big mess. I wouldn't give someone feedback because i doubt they'll get it. With a new forum, there'd probably be more feedback or at least a little, and you'd KNOW when you got it.
Prodigi wrote:- Introduce an LAMV sub-forum and you're going to be flooded by LJ community users.
oh no...more users...diverse community...enriched tastes...enlightenment...new friends... this forum would be the end of us all.
Prodigi wrote:- Do we then create a rule that you can only post in the Live-Action thread if you're an AMV editor as well? How do you enforce that?
if we're so intent on being racist exclusive about who posts here, then we could make a thread in the site help forum to ask for a license or new type of rank that lets you post in the lamv subforum. Not all of us make lamvs and not all of them want to post it, so it wouldn't be a giant hassle for mods, but i have no idea how the new rank thing would go or if it's even possible. The mods would have to see if you've made a couple amvs that aren't pieces of crap thrown together to get this special license (but if they want it that bad then why not give it to em?)
or we could just put new threads in the forum on approval only.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 pm

gotegenks wrote:
Prodigi wrote:- We don't get the feedback in the existing thread in General, so what's the point of creating a whole new forum?
That IS the point. personally i don't lurk the lamv thread because it's a big mess. I wouldn't give someone feedback because i doubt they'll get it. With a new forum, there'd probably be more feedback or at least a little, and you'd KNOW when you got it.
If you're simply too lazy to go into an existing thread and post a reply, or even PM feedback, then why do you deserve an entire new forum for it? I give feedback to videos in that thread all the time and the creators have no problem seeing my feedback. Do you have problems clicking the "back" and "forward" pages button?
gotegenks wrote:if we're so intent on being racist exclusive about who posts here
Yes. We should.

You do realize what you're doing is the equivalent of going into a restaurant that specializes in Japanese food and then complaining that they don't serve Chinese food. Or Mexican. Or Lebanese.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 pm

I'll bring up again that I don't think that the eljay crowd would flood to the org just because there's suddenly a live action announcement subforum... They have their own cliques, and most of us aren't apart of it.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”