Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Begi wrote: I think we can all agree that most people everyone who joined this site joined looking for AMVs or for some sort of involvement in the AMV community. Bringing in LAMVs would only take away from the original purpose of the creation of this site.
i don't see it taking away, just adding.
you don't like lamvs, ignore the subforum.

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 pm

gotegenks wrote: i don't see it taking away, just adding.
Most of the people pushing for the LAMV subforum make more LAMVs than they do AMVs. In the end, the people who make more LAMVs than AMVs would give their attention to the LAMV subforum and not pay as much attention the AMV board itself, and that's how it would take away.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Begi wrote:
gotegenks wrote: i don't see it taking away, just adding.
Most of the people pushing for the LAMV subforum make more LAMVs than they do AMVs. In the end, the people who make more LAMVs than AMVs would give their attention to the LAMV subforum and not pay as much attention the AMV board itself, and that's how it would take away.
a-m-v.org = christianity?
it's like you wanna restrict outside influences from converting our members

if someone would turn to lamvs more often than amvs, and stop being part of the community, well then they'd head over to youtube, or livejournal apparently, and not be part of the community at all. with a lamv subforum they'd still be part of the website more or less, probably have more of an inclination to go to the amv announcements thread too.

so really maybe instead of adding it would just be maintaining membership. not having a lamv subforum would be taking.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 pm

The point is that practically anyone involving themselves in lamv will probably get more into it and either leave (for lamv community outside) or demand more on this site in future - it's possible it won't be true but it's highly probably.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:40 am

I'll be honest, I wasn't particularly against the idea initially, but the more I think about it, the less I see a point in it. Before the thread in GAMV there was nothing, then with that people started asking... even about cataloguing LAMVs, and I *see* people cataloguing them already. >_>

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:08 am

gotegenks wrote: a-m-v.org = christianity?
it's like you wanna restrict outside influences from converting our members

if someone would turn to lamvs more often than amvs, and stop being part of the community, well then they'd head over to youtube, or livejournal apparently, and not be part of the community at all. with a lamv subforum they'd still be part of the website more or less, probably have more of an inclination to go to the amv announcements thread too.

so really maybe instead of adding it would just be maintaining membership. not having a lamv subforum would be taking.
What the hell? Why would they "have more of an inclination to go to the amv announcements thread" when all they want to see is LAMVs? That is completely absurd. C'mon, think logically.

And do you think that the Elitist bastards on this site would honestly set their "pride" aside and move to YouTube so they can watch LAMVs when they already have a subforum on the site they cherish so much? Don't get me wrong, I prefer this site over YouTube, however, this site was created with the intention that people can make and enjoy AMVs, not LAMVs.
phade wrote:My goal with this web site is to create a place where people who enjoy and create anime music videos...
If you want LAMVs so much, you could do exactly as you said and head over to YouTube or Livejournal.

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 am

Begi wrote: Im a fag, xD anyways down below

Sorry but I'm with Gotenks on this one, I really don't see the possibility of the LAMVer's over populating AMVer's, it's like driving to the moon with a car, never gonna happen. And you're not very active on this site anyways (besides this topic), so why not let the people have what they want, it really doesn't make a difference to most of the people here, but for no reason, some people wanna choose a side and debate.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 am

All this will do is take away from the site's original purpose, Only way you'll be able to post your LAMV's is in
  • -In general AMV Thread
    -Donators Forum
    -YouTube
    -LiveJournal
Which is better than nothing, So why not settle with it?That or come up l-a-m-v.com/org/whatever?as said previously
At first i was up for this as just as anyone else, But with much tough i have to disagree

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:29 am

A subforum in the donator's forum would take, what, all of 10 minutes to put together? That way it's effectively split off from the rest of the topics and only interested parties need go there. It is off topic. It fits. Put sections there for non-anime TV /movie discussion if you want too. They're equally off-topic and go on in the donator's forum all the time without anyone complaining about it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am

Given the amount of activity that goes on in the donator's forum, I doubt it would be worth it to add sub forums. But then again, not much happens in Recommended AMVs and Convention Exchange either.

The best case scenario I see is that an LAMVer goes and posts an announcement to their video in the LAMVer section, checks out some AMVs in the announcement forum while they're there, gains an interest in AMVs, gains interest in anime, decides to to make some AMVs, thus becoming a part of the AMV community.

The worst case scenario I see is that an LAMVer goes to the video help section, asking why their live action footage riddled with DivX logos and such isn't working in whatever editing software they have (possibly posting in multiple forums), then goes to the help section asking how can they upload their video (still riddled with DivX logos and such), somehow uploads their video despite being told not to, and posts it in the announcement forum and LAMVer section, and after they are corrected they end up complaining about not being able to host their videos here.

I honestly don't see people sticking around only one section of the forums. There are members that end up doing so, though it seems they usually disappear from the forums quickly (with an exception of a few members who only stick around in certain forums and threads and have been around for awhile). I myself joined the Org only to find a couple AMVs (I still haven't found a downloadable copy of one). After I found one, I decided to browse a little and found more AMVs that I liked. Afterwards I decided to check out the forums and got the idea to try to make AMVs on my own. I'm pretty sure it would also happen to at least some people who come to post in the LAMVer announcement section from the outside (if any come from the outside). I guess the only question would it be worth having those from the worst case scenario if the members from the best case scenario out numbered them.
Under Construction

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”