Banner queue yet again

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Banner queue yet again

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:26 am

It might be not overly necessary, but have you (the admins, probably) considered extending "New" banner queue (the votable number) to 15 or 20?

If so, what were the reasons to not do so, if I may ask?

I can't see any disadvantage of it, from my point of view it would only provide faster flow of voting (that over 50 number that's there now kind of scares me). Of course, if some disadvantage is there, it can't be helped... :x

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Re: Banner queue yet again

Post by Krisqo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 am

Banner voting always seemed to take forever. The only thing I can think of is that while the org was down, a lot of people spent a lot of that time making uploading banners, hence the massive queue (biggest I've ever seen btw).

Or is there something up with the banner system as a result of the hack and later rebuilding?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:30 am

I think its less banner makers that are active that's taking it so long... or just less people active that care about banners...

a year or two ago it only took a day for a batch of 10 to run its course (or sometimes less - a 1/2 a day) these days it takes 2 to 2 and 1/2 days for 10 banners to run their course and a lot of the times I've nagged a lot of my friends to vote even O.o They used to vote but it seems not as many people care these days.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Oh and yea and making banners while the site was down is quite the possibility.

Although, when the forum was down and the site was up, you could still upload banners, however the admin (at least one that I know of who approves banners) was busy working on fixing the forums so he couldn't exactly approve them as fast being preoccupied with something a bit more important...

As for my banners, they weren't made when the site was down >.>

I've seen the Queue over 85, but in the past as I said it didn't take so long for people to vote on them it seems...

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:28 am

For as much as waiting through the queue sucks, I think that if more were up for voting they might not receive enough scrutiny. Of course, it may not be the same for everyone, but for me, the less banners up, the more I pay attention to each individual banner when I vote for it.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Ileia wrote:Of course, it may not be the same for everyone, but for me, the less banners up, the more I pay attention to each individual banner when I vote for it.
It's not like one or two votes will change anything.

Most votes are coming from members who aren't submiting banners,so they just don't give a damn about 'em -.-
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm thinking similar to Ileia... if we had more banners in the voting block, people might not pay attention as much...

I think the problem with the voting block isn't the number of banners in it, but more so the time it takes for people to vote on them (or how slow the votes trickle in).

Of course with people in school/work and the fact the org is actually less active on the weekends doesn't help the matter much... but what can you do? (I nag my friends into voting on them :P heh)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:18 pm

Well, at least the thread reminded me to go vote everything down again. I keep forgetting.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 am

Someone should make a banner about voting on the new banners in queue. I'd vote for it. Maybe.
Under Construction

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:01 am

banners about banners:

Approved/Unworthy:

Rejected:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”