Locks

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Locks

Postby Big Dumb Face » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:32 am

I was looking through old topics and noticed that every single oe of them is locked. I couldn't find anything baout in the rules so iwas wondering what makes a topic lock worthy? Beyond redundancy I mean. Is there a time limit?
Big Dumb Face

Postby Bauzi » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:06 am

I guess it´s an algorythm that locks every thread that isn´t in the top 3 or 4 pages.
Bauzi

Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby downwithpants » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:22 am

maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Otohiko » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:20 pm

this is to prevent the annoying (to most people) phenomenon of "necroposting"

In any case, if you've got a topic for discussion that hasn't been covered in the last little while, you may as well make a new thread for it. No harm in keeping the forum dynamic refreshed.
Otohiko

Postby Big Dumb Face » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:00 pm

oh ok cool. Guess I should check the site announcemens once in a while...

THANX! :lol:
Big Dumb Face

Postby daykm » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:50 am

the locked threads I see is people who say there new. Cant there be a forum for new people, they just want to say hi. Not much of a warm welcome the last user I saw had, hope he isnt upset. Poor guy.
daykm

Postby Orwell » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:37 am

A sticky idea to say hi has been suggested repeatedly, to me it seems like a good idea, but as somebodies sig wrote, "We're such a friendly group we don't need introductions."
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby daykm » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 am

Then they should of politely told him that was not allowed if they wrote they're a friendly group. Someone at school had asked a question and another person replied with a sour answer and boy did he get it. That guy dosent take no sour answers, well that guy wont try picking a fight with him next time hahahaha. I guess I'll use my icon to say hi then.
daykm

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:25 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=81638

greetings, and welcome to our little community.

Introduction threads are not allowed and this thread will be locked. Please read the Forum Rules and have a nice night.

that seems pretty polite O.o
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby daykm » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:31 am

You mean polite on answering or somthing else. Cause I dont give no sour answers to people at school unless you wanna be socked, well maybe im protected from that :shock: cause im a girl men are never to hit a girl.
daykm

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:36 am

daykm wrote:Then they should of politely told him that was not allowed if they wrote they're a friendly group.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby daykm » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:48 am

daykm

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am

they did politely tell them it wasnt allowed O.o on the newest "introduction thread" thats what i was saying...

it doesnt necessarily have to be that person who once had it in their sig... anyone politely telling them counts i think O.o
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby kikai_saigono » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:58 pm

It just depends on which user gets to your introduction thread first that decides if you get a 'polite' or 'rude' answer. o.O

Of course, but you have to understand that this site gets a lot of new members each day...and that would = a lot of introduction threads just taking up space....
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:03 pm

Can I get a thread lock up in heah?!
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Next

Return to Site Help & Feedback