Videos being removed ;_;

Mind Benda
Org Profile

Videos being removed ;_;

Post by Mind Benda » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:29 am

My black cat/boondocks video was removed though it fit all of the requirements as per the rules... lame. Is there a way to find out why videos are removed or do they just... get removed and you accept it?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:02 am

Was the video at least 51% anime? If not, stop complaining. You tried to break the rules and got caught.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Re: Videos being removed ;_;

Post by Cornwiggle » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:59 am

Mind Benda wrote:My black cat/boondocks video was removed though it fit all of the requirements as per the rules... lame. Is there a way to find out why videos are removed or do they just... get removed and you accept it?
Give up. No one wants to see Boondocks here. If you have to so badly try making a direct link. You can't use Local with Boondocks.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:09 pm

You video contained a small amount of Black Cat. Nowhere near half. It was, in essense, a non-anime music video. I caught you at it. Give over, you've lost.

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 pm

You don't have to be a douche about it. Like many others, this guy most likely didn't read the rules. Besides, it's not like it was THAT important. :|

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:21 pm

SuperFusion wrote:You don't have to be a douche about it. Like many others, this guy most likely didn't read the rules. Besides, it's not like it was THAT important. :|
Mind Benda wrote:My black cat/boondocks video was removed though it fit all of the requirements as per the rules... lame. Is there a way to find out why videos are removed or do they just... get removed and you accept it?
He claims he did, but obviously not well enough. And he wanted to know why, so he was told. And it was obviously important enough to him to start a thread about it instead of pming or emailing a mod/admin type person. But my opinion only counts for one vote. :D
ImageImage

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:31 pm

You fail to realize I was on about Kalium's "I win the internet" attitude. :?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Also, if you look at the profile for the video, the OP states that he inserted footage from Black Cat into his already made boondocks video to intentionally skirt the rules. And he was pwned. Nothing wrong with a little pwnage when someone knowlingly goes out of their way to break the rules.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:05 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Was the video at least 51% anime? If not, stop complaining. You tried to break the rules and got caught.
hmm.. i thought it was supposed to be 75% anime? or am I just readin too many amv contest rules? :?

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:09 pm

The exact percentage is irrelevent for the moment. This video didn't even approach any reasonable threshold. Just because the system will allow you to upload the video doesn't mean it abides by the rules.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”