Banner Contest

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Postby MistyCaldwell » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:34 pm

which one was yours LongShot?
I can remember most of them, if you describe it
MistyCaldwell

Postby LongShot » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:38 pm

My was this one:
The only mistake was the AMV
Girls use me.
LongShot

Postby MistyCaldwell » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:52 pm

I liked that one :)

It would be nice to use the off topic forum or have a banner forum where we could review or discuss what could improve or just comment on them. Sometimes a color change or text improvement can make all the difference in a good or bad banner.

In your case, changing text color to stand out or making the logo more clear may have made the difference of a few winning votes. The concept was good :)
MistyCaldwell

Postby LongShot » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:57 pm

Thx :)
Girls use me.
LongShot

Postby LongShot » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:32 pm

I think I found out why i never appears, it gets rejected if it's over 20k and my is 19.7k.
Girls use me.
LongShot

Postby ZeWrestler » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:32 am

then its under 20 k
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Postby Phade » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:24 am

Hey,

There are several banners that didn't meet the entry criteria. I'm making a little thing so I can send a caned email to members saying why it was not included in the contest (no logo, wrong logo, logo too distorted/unreadable, duplicate entry, error on upload, etc.). You should get an email sooner or later about it.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby LongShot » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:23 am

Thanks Phade.
Girls use me.
LongShot

Banner Designs : Bad Logo

Postby rubyeye » Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:29 am

Since the Banner Contest return I've actually started taking part in it. The last batch consisted of only 5 which I felt were worth, and the other 40 were not. Why? That Damn Logo!

I remember when It 'won' as the final choice for AMV's logo. ANd the hostility that erupted about it (at least what I saw) caused such a stir that I hoped it was not an OFFICIAL, end-all-be-all design. It's just awful. Well, I don't mean to hurt the artist's feelings since I know how critical we can be about our work. Let's just say I did not care for it and leave it at that.

Now, the majority of banners utilized the logo, and no matter how creative they were, they simply were not 'attractive'. That is to say, they didn't catch my attention to the point where I would want to see that displayed on a web page. Of course all of this is subjective but it might explain the current trend.
rubyeye

Previous

Return to Site Help & Feedback