new playblack/report problem suggestion

Arigatomina
Org Profile

new playblack/report problem suggestion

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm not sure how this could be done, but it would be nice if there were a "could not see this video" link that stops people from reviewing or qc'ing a video they couldn't watch. Something that takes them to the 'how to watch those videos' guide. For ops, it shouldn't be hard to put a link at the top of the page saying "if you couldn't play this video, go here - don't review a video you couldn't play".

Quick comments need a link more, though, since the creator can't respond to them and tell the person how to watch the vid. I'm thinking of a button along the lines of the 'direct/indirect' "report problems" button. Only, instead of reporting a problem, the button takes the person to the guide so they can fix their own problem (getting the codecs/filters/players/etc).

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could have a "report problem" button on the vid description page - with options like "report stolen video", "report non-anime video", and "unable to play video". The last option would take the person to the playback guide, while the first two would send a message to help the mods/admin catch bad local videos.

Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:07 pm

I think it would be best to point out the fact that there would be only audio on the "report" button... since most of the time the critics think that the video was a trick and was just audio... not that it couldn't play. So "video does not play" may not be taken into consideration if it plays but is audio-only.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”