Video Listing Genre Addition

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Video Listing Genre Addition

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:14 pm

I know that it has been brought up before, but didn't seem to go anywhere (from what I can tell from a search of this forum), but there are getting to be more and more AMV Trailers done, and I think that having a specific Genre/Category listing for them would be a good idea. Several times I've tried looking for trailers to see what else had been done, but it wasn't nearly as easy as searching for just about anything else. And with several Cons apparently having a separate section for trailers, I'd think there would be (or soon will be) enough material to make it worthwhile.

[/soapbox]
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:20 pm

Yeah, I would add "Trailer" to the list of catagories of action, drama character profile etc. With the sheer amount of them now I think it is a legitimate addition. Dilleema is how do we consider artificla trailers? such as Ermac's where it isn't quite taking a trailer and editing to it but instead making your own trailer?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:14 pm

Good question. Maybe add an additional flag that could be set that could be added onto any video genre- 'Original Work'. This could not only be used for trailers like Ermacs', but also for some videos that use music/footage generated by the creator (the Dancing Bunny Girl DDR-2 track and a video done to the creator singing a parody of 'Lola', 'Ryouga', come to mind as other places that this 'original' flag could be applied.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”