RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:21 pm

And, as Ryan supposed would happen, the point was missed entirely ~_~

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:13 am

Thanks Clara, it works now. :D

Bloodyfang, how come you say it doesn't work? Because it worked for me. :? Using the .txt thingy.

Clara Yuri Asaki
Location: Where the Goddesses sleep in each other's arms peacefully... Loves: Shoujo-Ai and Yuri
Org Profile

Post by Clara Yuri Asaki » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:39 am

Glad it's working, Anime Jedi.

------------------

I didn't say I wanted HUGE Avatars and Sigs, just slighty bigger than what we have now.
Image Image Image
- ^_^ Love and more love! ^_^ -

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:29 am

<-- Good size avatars should be no bigger than the initial width of the left table column. In this case the td width=150, not counting cellpadding, therefore its quite safe to set the limit to 140x140. However...

Although 140x140 avatar may look good on 1600x1200 display or higher, it is too big (thus annoying) on 1024x768 and lower. In case of a-m-v.org, the admin probably had thought that there maybe still Internet users using older comp (like mine 0.166GHz 800x600) and so 80x80 limit (not too big, not too small) had been decided.

Same goes with signature.
Klinky's sig is too long to fit in my IE browser display even maximized. Fortunately its only 600 pixels. Any wider than that would give me a hard time reading the posts.

Clara Yuri Asaki
Location: Where the Goddesses sleep in each other's arms peacefully... Loves: Shoujo-Ai and Yuri
Org Profile

Post by Clara Yuri Asaki » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:34 am

Even if you're only using 800x600 desktop res, the maximum width of the Avatar space is still 140. (I thought is was 145.....) Why not use it all?

Yes, it would be hard to read Sig Pics that are wider than 600 pixels, which is why I say that 300x80 should be allowed. They are alot more readable and compact than the awkwardly wider 600x40 ones.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:22 am

Large avatars & sigs are annoying :O

When someone types out say a message that consists of :

RandomPerson wrote: ROFL!
Which takes up about 10 - 15 pixels. Then the yhave a 150x150 avatar. Thier shoutouts, their famous quotes, smilies, expressions of love for DBZ & the links to the five different forums they goto along with their website, e-mail, aim, msn, ICQ #.

It gets really annoying.

I could care less that you love Trunks so much that you made a 400x100 animated banner of him drinking a budweiser while the budwieser frogs masturbate each other or something... Imagine this posted every other post on the page as the person replies. Multply 100 by 10 posts, that's 1000 extra height pixels :p

I think the problem is that it looks like you put more time into your signature then you did into the message you just posted, which is probably true. You could probably care less about my Carbonated Love & Hatred, or the links I have available, though all of the links pertain to the site. You probably could REALLY care less about my obession with Misato :p. Yet I would like to proclaim it to all that I adore Misato ^_^. I don't need a really tall banner to exclaim this fact.

Actually the Misato banner was suppose to only be 450pixels wide, but I messed up and have been too lazy to change it back. I take care of it now that I hear it has some problems with peoples displays :p

The main concept is that more input needs to go on what people say and less on a signature or a avatar. This is a "WE" concept not a "I" concept.

~klinky

Clara Yuri Asaki
Org Profile

Post by Clara Yuri Asaki » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:37 am

I said that 300x80 Sig Pics should be allowed, not 400x100. That is way too high, but a height of 80 looks just fine.

It actually only took a few minutes to make this pic, by the way.

-----------------------

I said Avatars that are 140x140(actually 145) would be nice. Yes, 150 would be too big. But consider that with the current 80x80 Avatars, there is at least 60 pixels width-wise of blank space after the Avatars anyways. It'd be nice if we could use it.

-------------------------

My Avatar and Sig Pics aren't all I care about. I am here in the a-m-v.org to talk about Anime. But Avatar and Sigs are the topic of this thread, so that is what I'm going to talk about here.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:59 am

Clara Yuri Asaki wrote: My Avatar and Sig Pics aren't all I care about. I am here in the a-m-v.org to talk about Anime. But Avatar and Sigs are the topic of this thread, so that is what I'm going to talk about here.
I think you are fighting a lost cause. =\

Clara Yuri Asaki
Org Profile

Post by Clara Yuri Asaki » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:02 pm

Hopefully though, one of the MODs will find it.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”