The Badge Design SUCKS! (no insult)

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

The Badge Design SUCKS! (no insult)

Post by danielwang » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:06 pm

The badge design seriously sucks. Not to insult the badge creator, Phade, or anyone else who contributed but the requirements were too whacked. Low-resolution quality? Gimme a break!

Apparently all the badge is is a bunch of vector lines in base colors. Sure, it helps conformity with those people who have lesser printers but why? There's rumour that Phade had said (At AWA?) the batch was really disappointing and a lot couldn't be used. Huh?
It kinda reminds me of a press pass...
they said that Phade wasn't all that impressed with the entires he'd recieved...
He said he wanted it to look good even at a low res in black and white. About the only thing I think would work that way would be a logo and no subtle color changes. I don't know how much he must have disliked mine then :p
and I thought the same thing about the price. For 2 bucks, you could go to a professional, get it digitally printed...even on photo paper oooooo! aaaah! ^_~ and laminated for a small price and just use the badge for every con you go to for years
Hope you don't mind if I post this ^_^....

Anyway, I guess I know why mine was dropped. Cuz it was cool. Subtle color changes, transparents, and horrible results on anything less than a Deskjet 600C. Oops!

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:09 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the badge you designed. What does it look like?
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:14 pm

I lost it unfortunately, due to a freak accident. THe hosting site delted it and my hard drive well fucked up...

I took Adobe After Effects windows and faded them to a light background, then added a slightly transparent a-m-v.org logo on black strip of film so it would look like a After Effects background with a-m-v.org film negatives sprawled across.

Then I added the eye logo with opaque area and had a light darkborder pattern to the field for name, etc. Not so the name had a glowing effect but it was a ssquare for the name.

It was availible in multiple colors, too. But oh well. I can recreate my work, since its not going to be used anyways I'll make a banner of it. And maybe people will pick it up and use the idea.

::sighs::

jbone
Org Profile

Re: The Badge Design SUCKS! (no insult)

Post by jbone » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:37 pm

[quote="danielwang"]The badge design seriously sucks. Not to insult the badge creator, Phade, or anyone else who contributed but the requirements were too whacked. Low-resolution quality? Gimme a break!/quote]
Your post as a whole proved without a doubt that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the world of print design. Thus, your entire opinion about the badge is invalid.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:41 pm

While I think the badge is nice I dont personally like it. But really the only reasoning behind that is because I'm not a big fan of that music note with the anime eye to begin with. Still a good badge though.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:54 pm

Recreate the badge design you had, post the current one, and let everyone compare next time. Otherwise you just sound like an arrogant jackass.

"These current car engines suck! But I've made an engine that runs on water, emits zero fumes, and get 500 miles per gallon!"

"Ooh! Can we see it?"

"You could, but unfortunately my workshop collapsed and now it doesn't work. But I can rebuild it, and MAYBE I will!"
I'm out...

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:15 pm

I do have to admit I kinda prefer my klunky blue one that I made for Otakon...but I won't be using mine for any future cons. This isn't my web site community, but I do want people to know that I am a part of a-m-v.org at cons 'cause..I dunno...I want to meet everyone sooner or later :3 and it's certainly a more sane way of meeting people than wearing a "free hugs" sign :shock: .
I will represent myself in the way the author (owner?) of this website community sees fit or I can choose to not wear it but I no one here really has any room to complain about what Phade should do with his designs. It is nice to have an official design for uniformity too...

I see the point of your opinion Daniel, it's more of a one design fits all that is good b+w or color printed at low or high res (..though orange isn't my color either :wink: ) but I am assuming it's intended to work efficiently for everyone and it's what Phade wants...we can't really choose, since it's not our decision to make. But it's not a bad design, once everyone gets used to it and it becomes recognized at cons by people looking for other a-m-v.org users, I'm sure it's true purpose as a beacon will shine through :)

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:00 am

oh i get it now. too bad it cant be fancy. but oh well. it works fine.

Now I can find and harass all the a-m-v.org junkies at my local anime con!

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”