Anti spamming

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Anti spamming

Post by CaTaClYsM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:19 pm

maybe if people had a limit to the number of posts they could make a day, that would probably kill the spamming/spammers dead in their tracks.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:34 pm

And would quickly kill the board. The number of threads and the number of forums and with how few of us actually bother to post here regularly...this place would be dead in thirty seconds.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:27 am

The Wired Knight wrote:And would quickly kill the board. The number of threads and the number of forums and with how few of us actually bother to post here regularly...this place would be dead in thirty seconds.
Do you really need to post here more than a hundred times a day? (People have done it on more than one occasion)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:24 am

You're kidding me right? Ok, I didn't realize the spam was that bad, course I never visit the off topic forums anyway but damn...I only have .55 post per day on my rank and I only post at most five or six times within a day. I'm still against a post cap though.
BANG

Chef
Org Profile

Post by Chef » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:28 pm

a post cap is just THA MAN tryin to keep us spammers down.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:05 pm

I, out to get the number one spot, posted over 600 posts in a day to get the one spot. and there is already someone outspamming R-A-N-M-A who regualrly breaks the hundred marker. a 100 post cap would be OK by me, since only spammers would need to post over 100 in a day.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:09 pm

Yeah I think that's fair enough. On average you should only hit twenty posts a day but I don't want to press people. I think 100 would be fair as you said to keep the spamming down.
BANG

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:15 pm

Sounds good to me. I post a fair amount, but I don't think I'd hit a cap of say, 50 posts. Might be interesting to test, perhaps...
I'm out...

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:52 pm

I'd agree with a cap somewhere around 50-100. No reasonable person really needs to post that much in a day. I'd say 100 for the cap though, because sometimes interesting topics pop up in General AMV and such.

/Me has stopped visiting Off-Topic forums as much as I used to
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:39 am

and if we did that, we could get rid of that damned waiting things that keeps everyone from posting more than once a minute.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”