How to Resume Downloads - and other d/l info

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Firefox seems worthless

Postby anon53 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:12 pm

Today, ive wasted almost 8 hours on Firefox.

My first attempt, i pushed pause, and d/c.

upon returning i clicked resumed and the download box disappears and gave me only 50% of the file that i did download and called it done.

second try my internet provider dc me at 96%.
i reconnected and hit retry and ended up downloading all over from the start.

It neither resumed successfully or saved what it.

First post in the forums and it had to be a complaint... *sighs*
anon53

Postby anon53 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:17 pm

I just downloaded Opera.

Why is it everytime i say stop/pause download and then resume, it stops completely like firefox did and give me a 90kb file!?
anon53

Postby Nekoboy Sal » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:19 pm

I would try changing your cache size. Maybe when your cache gets full it poops out. I used IE for a long time so I set my cache size to about 500MB. Insane? Yes, but that mean I can visit 30 or so sites ofline rather than reconecting :D
No, I'm not dead...
I've just moved to Politicaly Corect "Republic of Ireland".
Nekoboy Sal
AD Copycat

how to use getright & opera

Postby JingerSpice2000 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:09 am

I just downloaded Opera and I like it so far but there are some files I want to download with Getright. And even pressing Cnrtl + Alt it still doesn't come up and you can't even right click and start the getright download from that menu. Are they even compliant to one another?
Also with Opera I was downloading like 4 downoads and had about 4-6 pages open and now when I have any drop down menus most of it is blacked out until I move my mouse over it! HOw come this is?! I even closed Opera completely and it is still doing it and now it is like that when I am just cruzing around my computer! How can I fix this!? I'm sure it might go away when I restart but that is such a pain!
Help!

Thanks

JingerSpice2000
JingerSpice2000

Postby Pelias » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm

Ok, so what about using DL accelerators?
I'm currently dling with fireFox, at facinating 3 kb/s and absolutly no guarantee that it'll download correct file(and if to think about it, I'll have to NOT browse internet in next 3 days, because browsing might cause FF crash, which cause DL cancellation).
This suck.
So I kindly ask, is using dl accelerators really ABSOLUTE no no, and if not, can you give me any hints how to use them (curently your 1337 serwer sends "resuming not supported" and close the connection).
Pelias

Postby Eek-1 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:40 am

The problem the Org has with download managers is that ppl could misuse the program by abusing the server with multiple connections just to download a video faster.
Eek-1

Postby Pelias » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:51 pm

Well, that is the very point of using multiple connections.
Anyway, I want to use only one.
Question is - how?
a-m-v.org ask for donations for running it's download service.
But why should I donate, if server close the connection at 99% and sends fake "resuming not supported" messages...
Don't force me to use IE, or keep firefox open for few days...
Pelias

Postby Blazez » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:14 am

I'm sorry, but, please, tell me how to use GetRight downloading AMVs from this site?
I really don't understand this moment............ :cry:
Blazez

Postby Kalium » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 am

Blazez wrote:I'm sorry, but, please, tell me how to use GetRight downloading AMVs from this site?
I really don't understand this moment............ :cry:

In short... you don't.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby Zarxrax » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:27 am

Flashgot ( http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/mo ... php?id=220 ) may let you use getright with the site...
I don't have getright though so I can't test.
Then again it may not work, who knows.
Zarxrax

Postby Zarxrax » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:53 am

NM, it dont work.

What I never understood, is if the BROWSER can intercept the download url... then whats stopping a download manager from getting it?
Zarxrax

Postby derobert » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:11 pm

Zarxrax wrote:NM, it dont work.

What I never understood, is if the BROWSER can intercept the download url... then whats stopping a download manager from getting it?
Usually, lack of cookies.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

Postby Underlord Backlash » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:26 pm

Eek-1 wrote:FlashGet 1.60 (for Windows IE users): FlashGet is a powerful yet free and lightweight download manager for Windows. The shareware version allows for unlimited use, and will not install adware into your computer. With this software you can do multiple and batch download, and let it hangup and shutdown the computer when all is done. =)

Configure FlashGet to work with IE 5.x, 6.x
You only need to do this one time. Simply go to the Options -> Protocol. In the HTTP category, change the User Agent to Internet Explorer 5.x. Make sure that Send Referrer and Enable Cookies are checked. When you're done, hit OK.

Download a Local video
FlashGet should be able to detect and handle the download automatically after the 10-seconds. But if it doesn't, and an IE save box opened instead, just hit Cancel. Simply drag the download link that appeared on the bottom to the DropZone, and then hit OK.

Pause and Resume
Hit the pause button to halt, play button to resume.

If the download won't resume after the last time (probably yesterday), that is because the Org cookie in your computer is already expired. Go to the members login page and log yourself. After that it should be able to resume.

PM me for help, tips, suggestions, corrections etc.

No link appeared for me after hitting cancel.
Underlord Backlash

Postby Eek-1 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:24 am

Underlord Backlash wrote:No link appeared for me after hitting cancel.
Sorry, but the above method doesn't work anymore. You just have to do the conventional way, and pray it wouldn't get disconnected until the download's done.
Eek-1

Postby midnight_blossom » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 pm

when i tried to download a video for a 2nd time i made it to the page that has all the info of the video on it. Then once i hit "local" to try and get to the page that lets me reload it it brought me right back to the main members page...can anyone give me a little help?
midnight_blossom

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help & Feedback