How to Resume Downloads - and other d/l info

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:58 pm

midnight_blossom wrote:when i tried to download a video for a 2nd time i made it to the page that has all the info of the video on it. Then once i hit "local" to try and get to the page that lets me reload it it brought me right back to the main members page...can anyone give me a little help?
Second time downloading the same vid, or the second vid you tried to download? What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer, try opening a new web page. If that doesn't do it, you probably need to clear your cookies.

midnight_blossom
Org Profile

Post by midnight_blossom » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:17 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
midnight_blossom wrote:when i tried to download a video for a 2nd time i made it to the page that has all the info of the video on it. Then once i hit "local" to try and get to the page that lets me reload it it brought me right back to the main members page...can anyone give me a little help?
Second time downloading the same vid, or the second vid you tried to download? What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer, try opening a new web page. If that doesn't do it, you probably need to clear your cookies.
trying to download the same video...i took your advice (both of them) but all my cookies are cleared, i opened a new page, and nothing seemed to work...thanks anyway though =)

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:21 pm

midnight_blossom wrote:trying to download the same video...i took your advice (both of them) but all my cookies are cleared, i opened a new page, and nothing seemed to work...thanks anyway though =)
Don't be so quick to give up. ;p When you cleared your cookies, did you check the 'settings,' and 'view files' to make sure all the cookies were deleted? And try clearing your history if you didn't.

If that doesn't work, you can always try a different web browser. Most people seem to like Firefox or Opera. www.opera.com will get you a free copy of the second one.

midnight_blossom
Org Profile

again?!?

Post by midnight_blossom » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:39 pm

it happened again :? same case too...i think what i did was that i was at my main page and where you have your star ratings...so i meant to click on one of the videos that i'd already watched but i ended up rating the video (dont ask how, im in awe myself) so after i tried going back in the quicksearch i found the video again but when i got to the video info page and pressed "local" it took me right back to the member page...i also tried right clicking and getting the properties of the next page after that and when i inserted it in the address bar it took mne to the member main page again...i dont know if this'll help but heres the address of the next page i was supposed to go to
http://nago.animemusicvideos.org/locald ... hp?v=58694

kenshin_the_swordsmen17
Org Profile

Post by kenshin_the_swordsmen17 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:07 pm

does anyone know if u can download amv's to ur computer?

midnight_blossom
Org Profile

Post by midnight_blossom » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:18 pm

kenshin_the_swordsmen17 wrote:does anyone know if u can download amv's to ur computer?
if you have realplayer or windows media player it shouldnt be a problem

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:43 am

kenshin_the_swordsmen17 wrote:does anyone know if u can download amv's to ur computer?
Since that's pretty much the secondary priority of this site, I imagine a few hundred thousand members know how.

Try this thread (it's the fourth post down).

candre23
Org Profile

Post by candre23 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:58 am

Zarxrax wrote:Flashgot ( http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/mo ... php?id=220 ) may let you use getright with the site...
I don't have getright though so I can't test.
Then again it may not work, who knows.
Just for the record, I have Getright 5.2d working with Firefox 1.0 and Flashgot. I can pause a file and resume it (I havn't tried to resume a failed download yet). I have it set to only DL 2 files at a time, and no acceleration. I havn't tried it, but I don't think acceleration would work anyway. I believe the server only allows 2 or 3 simultanious connections per IP address.

Anyway, it works great. I suppose Getright 5.2d should work with IE and Opera, but who cares? Firefox rocks :)
<A HREF="http://chip.andre.50megs.com">Personal Home Page</A> - <A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... 1">a-m-v.org Profile</A>
---
<I>"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."</I>

Hitchhiker42
Org Profile

Post by Hitchhiker42 » Mon May 23, 2005 10:49 pm

I have to agree with the earlier poster. My first post and it's a complaint. Bleh. Anyway, my problem is thus. I'm downloading a vid using Free Download Manager. It drops one of its connections, and on one 65 mb vid I've tried to download several times, the only connection at one point. It will then proceed to try and start a new connection, fail, and then if it is one of several connections, fail to download that section, or if it is one connection, restart the download and claim it is completed with 90 b. This is not my ISP dropping the connection totally, but some problem connecting to the server. Needless to say, this is very frustrating. Is there anyway to get around this? Help would be appreciated.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon May 23, 2005 11:20 pm

Hitchhiker42 wrote:I'm downloading a vid using Free Download Manager.
You can't use download accelerators, or programs that make multiple connections to a single video. The server is set up to block multiple connections, so there's no way around that. As the post above yours quotes, you can resume with 'get right' (firefox and opera are good browsers to try if you want to resume downloads).

Otherwise, if you're using a 'normal' browser like Internet Explorer, turn off your download program, and left-click the 'local' link - the download should start automatically.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”