One of those watcha-call-its...FAQs?

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

One of those watcha-call-its...FAQs?

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:28 pm

I'm surprised this isn't in the works...

Tons of newbies ask questions everyday, and poor ErMac, klinky, absolutedestiny, etc etc etc are stuck answering them. so why not make like a Premiere FAQ or something of the sort.

examples:
how to make a white fade out
how to make a ripple effect
how do you make it ______

that way they can just flame 'em and then point to the guide instead. ^^
I'll be happy to contribute to any guide at all....given that school doesn't swamp me this next year...stupid magnet schools...
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

jbone
Org Profile

Re: One of those watcha-call-its...FAQs?

Post by jbone » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:49 pm

Ko Oh Yoku wrote:Tons of newbies ask questions everyday, and poor ErMac, klinky, absolutedestiny, etc etc etc are stuck answering them. so why not make like a Premiere FAQ or something of the sort.
Because Premiere comes with a manual.

Ko Oh Yoku wrote:that way they can just flame 'em and then point to the guide instead. ^^
We do that already. :-D
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:02 am

Ko Oh Yoku wrote:Tons of newbies ask questions everyday, and poor ErMac, klinky, absolutedestiny, etc etc etc are stuck answering them. so why not make like a Premiere FAQ or something of the sort.
Well, helping people out is not a burden if you are willing to do it. But returning to the topic, as jbone correctly stated, Premiere comes in with an handy manual that explains everuthing about it. Writing a small tutorial to cover the basics won't surely be a big deal... but the point is that if you are so lazy/unwilling to do a little research by yourself then you aren't going to make a good video anyways.
The learning curve for premiere is very smooth, especially if you don't dwell into the more complicated stuff (that you probably don't need for 97% of the videos made at this time).

The problem is that nowadays the people is taught to don't use their brains... you have TV, commercials, and other people thinking for you. Well, let's move some lazy asses here: if you are really willing to do something then be prepared to sacrifice some of your time to it. If you are not even able to put a clip on Premiere's timeline without coming here and asking "how do I import files?" then don't bug me please.

Hmm... well... like if someone really bugs me :P

Oh, btw, many things are covered in the unofficial FAQ ;)
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Cailet730
Org Profile

Post by Cailet730 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:49 pm

Speaking of facts in general, I noticed that a lot of the questions in the faq section in the main page are without answers (they say "coming soon"). While I agree that there isn't a need for a faqs section about premiere, I do think that answers to more of those questions - e.g. "How can I get editing software" - would definitely be useful to people starting out (as well as people who want to learn more). I think many of them have been addressed in threads here on the bulletin board. Perhaps a quick solution could be to link forum threads under those faqs until real answers could be written.

Cailet730
Org Profile

Post by Cailet730 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:54 pm

forgot to add....

then, if another question is addressed in a forum thread that people think should be included in the faqs, that could just be linked from the faqs section. In this way, the faqs section could grow without someone(s) having to sit down and write it all out.

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:19 pm

Maybe you want to check out the Unofficial AMV FAQ that me and Hitori created :)

Obviously, suggestions on how to improve it are more than welcome ^_^
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Cailet730
Org Profile

Post by Cailet730 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:38 pm

Hey that's really good.
But, see I didn't even know that existed until you just told me -- I know it's "unofficial", I think that either the org should have one that's at least as in depth, or should have an obvious link to your faqs section.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”